863 Wiring Harness Bad?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
D

dvlscapes

Hey all, Well I went to National auto today and they said they need a part # or I have to bring the alt in. I told them what I was looking for, a single wire, delco, 60amp alt. They didn't even know where to start. That is what I want right? Even though the alt in there now is a 90 amp, checked today. The latest update is the parking brake stopped working again. Initially when I brought the bobcat to the dealer, that was one of the things they actually fixed. Even though it was kinda weird, they said there was no parking brake in there. How could there have been no parking brake in there if it was working like two weeks prior? They then said it could have fallen down in the chaincase and should they drain it and look for it, I told them to forget about it. I'm pretty sure The parking brake was working, even when the fuse would blow for the alternator, making me think that they are on separate circuits. Another reason i think that is when I know put a fresh fuse for the alt in , before it pops, the parking brake still does not work. Is there a specific relay or fuse for the brake, I couldnt find it on the little chart. Should I still go ahead and replace the alt even though the brake is now not working? On top of all that we have a slow leak in one of the rear tires and it came off today. The only way I can ever get the bead back on is by putting a shot of gas in the tire, and lighting it with an extension lighter. is that how you guys do it? always makes me nervous.
Would it say if a time delay fuse is needed on the cover? Thats where I remember reading that its a 25 that goes in there. I was putting 30's in ther last season because i was so fed up and just wanted to get some charge on the battery when the charger wasn't on the job. What a PIA.

skidsteer.ca

Would it say if a time delay fuse is needed on the cover? Thats where I remember reading that its a 25 that goes in there. I was putting 30's in ther last season because i was so fed up and just wanted to get some charge on the battery when the charger wasn't on the job. What a PIA.
Are you sure its a 90 amp? does it have AC?
I have never seen anything but the 55amp korean mondo alt on a bobcat but not familar with a 863 I believe the 60 amp delco is known as a 10si. It was common on gm vehicles @ 20 years back, and is still widely used. But if you have a 90 amp now, I'd find out why, going smaller may be a bad idea. A larger delco would fit to with a longer v belt and longer slotted adjusting strap.
Ken

OP
OP
D

dvlscapes

Are you sure its a 90 amp? does it have AC?
I have never seen anything but the 55amp korean mondo alt on a bobcat but not familar with a 863 I believe the 60 amp delco is known as a 10si. It was common on gm vehicles @ 20 years back, and is still widely used. But if you have a 90 amp now, I'd find out why, going smaller may be a bad idea. A larger delco would fit to with a longer v belt and longer slotted adjusting strap.
Ken
Ok I posted a couple images of the alternater

skidsteer.ca

That didn't work http://aycu19.webshots.com/image/14738/2004679930137688749_rs.jpg http://aycu22.webshots.com/image/13021/2004610102715789312_rs.jpg
Ok that is not the mondo i was thinking of, and is a 90 amp.
So you would not want to replace it with a smaller one.
One small wire should have power even when the key is off.
The other small wire is the one that the key powers up to excite you alternator, it should have no power when the fuse is blown or the key is off.
If the engine is running, with a blown fuse. see if one small wire has power. Unhook the small wires now (both) and hook the one that had power to the big wire so it has power again.
Now momentarily put power to the other small wire terminal on the back of the alternator, this should excite it and it should charge until you stop the engine.
If this gets your alternator working, leave the small wires off and replace the fuse. See if it blows again without the alt conected. If it does not blow the alternator may be the problem.
You may also find another 1 wire alt that will replace you 90 one, if its a delco it would have to be a larger one then I mentioned previously. A visit to a local alt repair shop may help you find out what the options are.
ken

skidboy

Ok that is not the mondo i was thinking of, and is a 90 amp.
So you would not want to replace it with a smaller one.
One small wire should have power even when the key is off.
The other small wire is the one that the key powers up to excite you alternator, it should have no power when the fuse is blown or the key is off.
If the engine is running, with a blown fuse. see if one small wire has power. Unhook the small wires now (both) and hook the one that had power to the big wire so it has power again.
Now momentarily put power to the other small wire terminal on the back of the alternator, this should excite it and it should charge until you stop the engine.
If this gets your alternator working, leave the small wires off and replace the fuse. See if it blows again without the alt conected. If it does not blow the alternator may be the problem.
You may also find another 1 wire alt that will replace you 90 one, if its a delco it would have to be a larger one then I mentioned previously. A visit to a local alt repair shop may help you find out what the options are.
ken
Can you tell me the number or location of the fuse that is blowing ? You wouldnt have a prob. replacing the 90 amp with a 55 amp, have done many times and no probs. But i am not convinced that there is any thing wrong with your alt ? The fuse No. may give me a clue.

OP
OP
D

dvlscapes

Can you tell me the number or location of the fuse that is blowing ? You wouldnt have a prob. replacing the 90 amp with a 55 amp, have done many times and no probs. But i am not convinced that there is any thing wrong with your alt ? The fuse No. may give me a clue.
The Fuse # is F11 it is labeled Alt & kits. If you are looking straight down between your knees it is the 3rd fuse down and on the left side. The fuse pops within 5 min of running the motor at any speed above idle.

sterlclan

The Fuse # is F11 it is labeled Alt & kits. If you are looking straight down between your knees it is the 3rd fuse down and on the left side. The fuse pops within 5 min of running the motor at any speed above idle.
have you checked the voltage coming out of the alt? sounds like it is a high voltage problem