863 timing belt replacement?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mogman

Greetings to all from Texas, I am a newbie to this forum and have a question. I have an 863 Bobcat and think it would be a good idea to replace the timing belt as I did not receive any maintenance records with it. I have a shop manual but it is very poor about giving info on what preliminary steps must be done before replacing items such as the turbo and timing belt, of course the pictures show the engine out of the machine. Question can the timing belt be changed without removing the engine? Thanks

siduramaxde

It is a good idea to replace the timing belt because if it breaks it will bend your pushrods. The timing belt can be replaced with the engine installed. However, special tools are required to do it right. If I were you I would pay the dealer to change it for you.

Bobcatdan

Give me a call, I am sure we can help you .

Mark
Timing belt spec is 3000 hr. The guy who came up with the spec is pretty dead on, it normally don't go much pass. Have somebody who works on duetz do it. It is not overly hard, but there are special tools for setting belt tension. I've done a ton and would not do it with out the tools.

Latest posts