853 tilt

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

i have a 95 model 853 bobcat and it squirts fluid out under the seat coming from a round shiny part of the pump. Everytime the tilt pedal is depressed it squirts out fluid. It does this running or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

skidsteer.ca

The pump? are you sure its not the valve? (main control valve) thats what the foot pedal linkages are conected to. And the valve does have round shine "spools" that slide in and out to make the loader lift or tilt the bucket.
The spool seals are cheap enough, replacing them, or rather getting the valve out to replace them is quite a bit of labour. Probably 2 to 3 hours each way
Ken

Tazza

Staff member
The pump? are you sure its not the valve? (main control valve) thats what the foot pedal linkages are conected to. And the valve does have round shine "spools" that slide in and out to make the loader lift or tilt the bucket.
The spool seals are cheap enough, replacing them, or rather getting the valve out to replace them is quite a bit of labour. Probably 2 to 3 hours each way
Ken
If you can provide pictures that would help assist us in giving you ideas of what needs to be done. Like Ken said, spool seals are cheap but they can be hard to install without pulling the control block out.

OP
OP
A
If you can provide pictures that would help assist us in giving you ideas of what needs to be done. Like Ken said, spool seals are cheap but they can be hard to install without pulling the control block out.
ok where is the best place to order the parts

Tazza

Staff member
ok where is the best place to order the parts
Your local dealer will have a kit for this, i can't tell you the price though. You could get the parts from a hydraulic seal shop but if you get the genuine seals you know its rite.

BubbaDirt

Your local dealer will have a kit for this, i can't tell you the price though. You could get the parts from a hydraulic seal shop but if you get the genuine seals you know its rite.
I changed out the spool seals with pump in place. No way would I try to remove pump. Hardest part is correct order and direction of seals and springs. I took spools to dealer and parts man stacked parts in order. A week later I had to re-do one spool as I blew out seals. I was spreading stone with bucket tilted verticle when I bounced and dug teeth in ground. Yes, I knew better