773 G Axle issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
Only the 753 with serial #512211005 thru 512211999 used the same axle(6706427) as the 773.

S150, S160, S175, S185 and S205 models all used the same 6706427 axle.
You can try talking to the dealer, i don't have high hopes but you can try.
It's possible that a machine shop can machine a new keyway on the opposite side. This will only work of the taper is still good, if it's damaged, you will need a new hub and shaft

Chandler

You can try talking to the dealer, i don't have high hopes but you can try.
It's possible that a machine shop can machine a new keyway on the opposite side. This will only work of the taper is still good, if it's damaged, you will need a new hub and shaft
The taper where the hub fits on is worn down where the wheel/hub turned on it after the key came out. The hub bolt came loose and it started wobbling before we noticed it. So yes, I'm gonna need both. Going to call the dealer service manager and see what he offers to do. It is the left front axle, are the front and back the same?

antfarmer2

The taper where the hub fits on is worn down where the wheel/hub turned on it after the key came out. The hub bolt came loose and it started wobbling before we noticed it. So yes, I'm gonna need both. Going to call the dealer service manager and see what he offers to do. It is the left front axle, are the front and back the same?
I would go after the dealer but they never make mistakes

wbecker

I would go after the dealer but they never make mistakes
If you need to, you could try a Bobcat Salvage Yard: 1. Rodney Snyder 618-565-2607. 2. Schaefer Enterprises 800-626-6046. 3. Buddy's Service and Repair 701-427-5460.

Chandler

If you need to, you could try a Bobcat Salvage Yard: 1. Rodney Snyder 618-565-2607. 2. Schaefer Enterprises 800-626-6046. 3. Buddy's Service and Repair 701-427-5460.
The skidsteer serial number was 515835878. So I will have to check out some other sources. Thanks everyone for the info. I will post what I find.

Chandler

The skidsteer serial number was 515835878. So I will have to check out some other sources. Thanks everyone for the info. I will post what I find.
I found a used axle and hub assembly a bobcat dealer all for less than $400.00. Now to get the old axle out so I can install the new one.

Tazza

Staff member
I found a used axle and hub assembly a bobcat dealer all for less than $400.00. Now to get the old axle out so I can install the new one.
Excellent, now I expect it to all be installed and running by the end of the weekend :)

OldMachinist

Will this job require special tools? Trying to decide if I can do it or let the dealer, if it doesn't cost too much.
Big cheater pipe to remove axle flange bolt(torqued to 725-800 FT LBS)
Either a axle flange puller or a couple of bottle jacks to remove the axle flange.
Small poartapower cylinder to push the axle out.
Shop press if replacing any of the bearings on the axle shaft.
Some form of tools to install bearing cups and seals into the axle tube.

Tazza

Staff member
Big cheater pipe to remove axle flange bolt(torqued to 725-800 FT LBS)
Either a axle flange puller or a couple of bottle jacks to remove the axle flange.
Small poartapower cylinder to push the axle out.
Shop press if replacing any of the bearings on the axle shaft.
Some form of tools to install bearing cups and seals into the axle tube.
I have replaced axle bearings without special tools.
I didn't need the porta power that OM stated, i used a bottle jack pushing from the back of the hub to remove the axle. A porta power would be best to pull the bearing cups into place. The manual actually shows spacers made so you can use a length of threaded rod and nuts to pull the cups in.

Chandler

I have replaced axle bearings without special tools.
I didn't need the porta power that OM stated, i used a bottle jack pushing from the back of the hub to remove the axle. A porta power would be best to pull the bearing cups into place. The manual actually shows spacers made so you can use a length of threaded rod and nuts to pull the cups in.
Thank you for the info and help. I'll try to get this fixed.