763g lift and tilt

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

divemaster920

Code 17-06 lift and tilt does not work. The machine would load down when trying to use lift and tilt, but not move, but now nothing. The light blinks 3 times. She has the triangle lights and can not find a fault in the ground system. I would like any input. Thanks Curtis

OldMachinist

The service manual I have for a 763 says code 17-06 is Hydraulic lock valve solenoid shorted to ground. Unless a wire to the solenoid has rubbed and is shorted I'd say the solenoid is bad.

OP
OP
D

divemaster920

The service manual I have for a 763 says code 17-06 is Hydraulic lock valve solenoid shorted to ground. Unless a wire to the solenoid has rubbed and is shorted I'd say the solenoid is bad.
Thank You, I believe the Hydraulic lock valve is located. In the center right under the steering adjustments? bobcat

mrfixitpaul

Thank You, I believe the Hydraulic lock valve is located. In the center right under the steering adjustments?
If I remember correctly the solenoid under the steering linkage is for relieving the auxiliary hydraulic pressure. The hydraulic lock solenoid should be on the control valve, between the lift and tilt tubelines. There are solenoids to lock the spools at the front of the valve, auxiliary control solenoids on top, and hydraulic lock solenoid on the side. I can't see it in the picture.....and it has been a few years since I worked on a G series......But it should be there.

OP
OP
D

divemaster920

If I remember correctly the solenoid under the steering linkage is for relieving the auxiliary hydraulic pressure. The hydraulic lock solenoid should be on the control valve, between the lift and tilt tubelines. There are solenoids to lock the spools at the front of the valve, auxiliary control solenoids on top, and hydraulic lock solenoid on the side. I can't see it in the picture.....and it has been a few years since I worked on a G series......But it should be there.
I think this is the picture of it. Looks like maybe the lock solenoid is on the lower right. The one with only 2 wires going to it. http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b78/divemaster920/th_bobcat004.jpg Thanks for your help. Curtis

mrfixitpaul

That black coil is the one that unlocks the hydraulics. I have replaced a few that have gone bad. Not sure what the ohm specs are for it....I had a spare in the old service truck and just swapped out to test....someone else here may have a spec?? I believe that once the computer detects the fault it won't continue to send voltage to it until reset(key off then on). maybe can test for power to the coil by connecting a testlight then turn the key on to troubleshoot it and rule out a wiring problem.

OldMachinist

That black coil is the one that unlocks the hydraulics. I have replaced a few that have gone bad. Not sure what the ohm specs are for it....I had a spare in the old service truck and just swapped out to test....someone else here may have a spec?? I believe that once the computer detects the fault it won't continue to send voltage to it until reset(key off then on). maybe can test for power to the coil by connecting a testlight then turn the key on to troubleshoot it and rule out a wiring problem.
763_lock_valve0001.jpg picture by calfranch

OP
OP
D

divemaster920

It only tested to .4 Ohms. I have never tested one that low...so probably bad. I took the bonnet nut off and thought it should just pull off, but it does not. ????Does it screw off? Thanks Curtis

OP
OP
D

divemaster920

It should just pull off the post.
Thanks...You guys are great. I let it soak with PB Blaster over night. Still had to use grips to get off, but it came. I have a temp coil on it from a WVO valve. All works like it used to. Do either of you sell these coils or where would you recommend I buy one at? So much thanks to you guys. Curtis