763F overheating aux hydro

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Todd v.

Ok so I run thisy machine with a brush cutter and when I'm in the thick stuff they aux hydraulics get very hot, and of course as they get hot they lose power which causes even more heat trying to keep working. I'm wondering if there is a problem with the machine or if it's cooling system just isn't up to par to run a heavy load like that on they Aux hydraulics. The gear pump is only a few hundred hours old and the cooler and radiator are clean, plenty of air going through them, the fluid is fairly young also. I was considering trying to have a more efficient cooler made but if there is a problem causing the overheating it will just be a bandaid.

wbecker

I would check to see if your aux pump puts out the required GPM for the motor on the brush cutter.

Bobcatdan

I would check to see if your aux pump puts out the required GPM for the motor on the brush cutter.
Your not pushing the mower too hard are you? Most quality mowers have a pressure gauge so you can monitor how hard you are working it. They have an ideal range they should be ran in or an excessive load will be placed on the hydraulics, creating heat. Also are you running the correct bobcat hydraulic/hydrostatic fluid? Using the wrong fluid make cause problems too as it may thin out too much.

OP
OP
T

Todd v.

Your not pushing the mower too hard are you? Most quality mowers have a pressure gauge so you can monitor how hard you are working it. They have an ideal range they should be ran in or an excessive load will be placed on the hydraulics, creating heat. Also are you running the correct bobcat hydraulic/hydrostatic fluid? Using the wrong fluid make cause problems too as it may thin out too much.
It puts out the proper gpm for the mower. I haven't used anything but bobcat hydro fluid in it since I bought it years ago. And the mower is a CID unti with a parker motor but it does not have a pressure guage, although it's something I've considered adding. I was kindof thinking the old steel cooler iust isn't that efficient. It's a whole different machine when it's down near freezing temps but once it hits 70* or so it takes a lot of the productivity away.

Bobcatdan

It puts out the proper gpm for the mower. I haven't used anything but bobcat hydro fluid in it since I bought it years ago. And the mower is a CID unti with a parker motor but it does not have a pressure guage, although it's something I've considered adding. I was kindof thinking the old steel cooler iust isn't that efficient. It's a whole different machine when it's down near freezing temps but once it hits 70* or so it takes a lot of the productivity away.
Was relief pressure ever checked and set when the gear pump was replaced?

OP
OP
T

Todd v.

Was relief pressure ever checked and set when the gear pump was replaced?
No it was not, I just bolted the new pump on and went. Is the relief valve in the pump itself? I replaced the pump because the housing cracked at the outlet fitting.

Bobcatdan

No it was not, I just bolted the new pump on and went. Is the relief valve in the pump itself? I replaced the pump because the housing cracked at the outlet fitting.
Relief vavle is on the control vavle. Always check and set relief pressure after a pump replacement. Easiest to hook a gauge to the aux coupler. I believe a 763 is speced at 3000 psi, maybe 3300 if a newer one. Improper relief pressure is the main killer of a pump. Probably is what cracked the old one. If ran enough, it could have smoked the new one by now.

OP
OP
T

Todd v.

Relief vavle is on the control vavle. Always check and set relief pressure after a pump replacement. Easiest to hook a gauge to the aux coupler. I believe a 763 is speced at 3000 psi, maybe 3300 if a newer one. Improper relief pressure is the main killer of a pump. Probably is what cracked the old one. If ran enough, it could have smoked the new one by now.
I'll get a gauge hooked up and see where I'm at. Thanks

Latest posts