763 Throttle handle stuck hard

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

boilermaker

So, over the past year or so we have noticed that the handle has been getting harder and harder to move. We tried to spary WD-40 in it and that didn't seem to change anything. Well, the machine sat for a while and the throttle handle won't move at all. Looks like there are a couple of allen screws on it. I haven't attempted to take anything apart...would like to get some info on what I will most likely be facing when I get in there. So, if anyone has any advice on how to go about this repair..please let me know. Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
The allen screws i think are there to set a minimum and maximum speed. Not sure why, as the lever on the engine sets it too.
I think it's time for you to pull the lever assembly apart. It's meant to be tight enough for it to hold the speed you set, but not so tight that it won't move.....

Bobcatdan

The allen screws i think are there to set a minimum and maximum speed. Not sure why, as the lever on the engine sets it too.
I think it's time for you to pull the lever assembly apart. It's meant to be tight enough for it to hold the speed you set, but not so tight that it won't move.....
Mark the upside U shape piece. Remove the two 9/16" head holds and pull the handle apart. My guess is the is the wave washers are all rusted up. That should have one long soild for so that is the only point it can really stick. Possible the small bell crank o. The engine where the rod attached, but never really saw that stick.

7LBSSMALLIE

Mark the upside U shape piece. Remove the two 9/16" head holds and pull the handle apart. My guess is the is the wave washers are all rusted up. That should have one long soild for so that is the only point it can really stick. Possible the small bell crank o. The engine where the rod attached, but never really saw that stick.
did one today. diasamble. clean prime and paint. three waves 1 friction. reassemble.