763 movement while starting

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

gmantwo

About 90% of the time when I hit the key to start my bobcat it will lurch & jerk. Apparently the traction drive is trying to kick in. I can cycle the ignition on & off and get it to start as it should, with no movement. Sometimes it takes quite a few cycles to get that to happen though. Doesn't matter if the parking brake is on or off. Doesn't matter if the lap bar is up or down.

OldMachinist

Steering needs adjustment, worn steering linkage parts or both. Would need more info(serial number) of your machine to say anything else.

OP
OP
G

gmantwo

Steering needs adjustment, worn steering linkage parts or both. Would need more info(serial number) of your machine to say anything else.
Why would it only do it sometimes? I drive a 5000 horsepower towboat and will be gone another 2 weeks, so won't be able to get the serial # until then. Thanks

OP
OP
G

gmantwo

Why would it only do it sometimes? I drive a 5000 horsepower towboat and will be gone another 2 weeks, so won't be able to get the serial # until then. Thanks
The only thing I can do is cycle the key to get around it. I've tried centering the controls, wiggling them, holding them. Nothing helps but cycling the key switch until I get lucky

OldMachinist

The only thing I can do is cycle the key to get around it. I've tried centering the controls, wiggling them, holding them. Nothing helps but cycling the key switch until I get lucky
That just makes it sound more like there are some parts that are worn and you just get lucky once in a while that its in neutral.

OldMachinist

That just makes it sound more like there are some parts that are worn and you just get lucky once in a while that its in neutral.
If the traction lock(parking brake) is working correctly it shouldn't be able to move more than a inch or two.

OP
OP
G

gmantwo

If the traction lock(parking brake) is working correctly it shouldn't be able to move more than a inch or two.
Yea, it generally only moves a bit. But it won't start because the starter doesn't have enough power to start & power the hydraulics too. The one time We started it without the brake on it did back up pretty good, ran over a buddies battery charger, lol. He was the one driving

[email protected]

Yea, it generally only moves a bit. But it won't start because the starter doesn't have enough power to start & power the hydraulics too. The one time We started it without the brake on it did back up pretty good, ran over a buddies battery charger, lol. He was the one driving
shouldnt the traction lock keep it in locked in place?

Tazza

Staff member
shouldnt the traction lock keep it in locked in place?
Traction lock would be off if the seat bar was down and the brake turned off.
You need to adjust your neutral. Generally they will move a little, but it sounds like yours is way out if it moves like that at startup.

OP
OP
G

gmantwo

Traction lock would be off if the seat bar was down and the brake turned off.
You need to adjust your neutral. Generally they will move a little, but it sounds like yours is way out if it moves like that at startup.
Ok. I'll try to adjust that. Thanks