763 Lift Capacity

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

vaporbiz

I am looking at purchasing a 763 but Bobcat said it would not lift a pallet of versa lock block but a friend of mine said it would lift and move them without any problems any experience doing this?

skidsteer.ca

The rated lift is 1500 lbs and 3000 lbs is the point where the loader will tip forward on flat ground. Pallets further reduce this lift as the loads center of gravity is further forward then the load in a bucket.
Here is a pallet fork rating chart from a bobcat pallet fork (prior to the 763 model though) the ratings are based on the loads cog being 24" forward of the backrest.
IMG_0079.JPG

skidsteer.ca

A pallet of versa lock is about 2000 lbs
Are they 4 ft square, if so, that would put the cog 24 inches forward of the back stop. Which is well above what its rated to lift, but I think on level smooth ground you could carry it.
Load a pallet on your truck and go see if the loader can lift it.
Ken

Cal Blacksmith

Are they 4 ft square, if so, that would put the cog 24 inches forward of the back stop. Which is well above what its rated to lift, but I think on level smooth ground you could carry it.
Load a pallet on your truck and go see if the loader can lift it.
Ken
You will not lift and carry 2000# on the forks with a 763. I have one and to move a work table (about 2300#) we had to turn it on it's side (the table) so that the weight was concentrated in the tables 3" thickness and then chain it to the cross bar on the lift arms. We were able to move the table this way but there is no way you are going to lift a 2000# pallet on forks and carry it. The table we moved was a solid slab of steel 3' x 5' x 3" (give or take a little bit) and when we tried to pick it up with the forks, all it did was lift the back of the loader off the ground, the table did not move.

TriHonu

You will not lift and carry 2000# on the forks with a 763. I have one and to move a work table (about 2300#) we had to turn it on it's side (the table) so that the weight was concentrated in the tables 3" thickness and then chain it to the cross bar on the lift arms. We were able to move the table this way but there is no way you are going to lift a 2000# pallet on forks and carry it. The table we moved was a solid slab of steel 3' x 5' x 3" (give or take a little bit) and when we tried to pick it up with the forks, all it did was lift the back of the loader off the ground, the table did not move.
The Bobcat Operation and Maintenance Manual for the 763 rates the lift capacity with forks on page 27.
15.75 inches forward of the backplate is rated at 1115 lbs.
24 inches forward of the backplate is rated at 960 lbs.
With the ROC rated at 50% of tip, you will tip over at 1920 lbs 24 inches out.
One other possible solution is to ask your supplier if they will provide block stacked in half pallet loads. I know we can get them that way from some of our suppliers. The sod suppliers will also do it.

OP
OP
V

vaporbiz

This is not a problem now I didn't purchase the 763 I got a s220 I think it was a better choice for what I wanted to use it for.

Latest posts