Lift capacity 743

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

marko13

How is it possible that a 743 can only lift 1350lbs? I have a floor jack that's rated at 4 tons with one little hyd cyl. I'm getting a 20ft container dropped today and was planning to scoot around with the 743 but if container is 4500lbs +/- it sounds like I won't even be able to lift one end for leveling tasks.

laurencen

you may lift one end some but for sure not the container, it will likely drag it, if you have forks put the tips under the container with the forks doing the dump position, place a block under the forks and lower the arms as you tilt the forks, it will pry up the container end

Geo Man

One thing to take into consideration is center of mass as shipping containers are approx 8 ft wide and as you mentioned 20ft long. The farther the center is away from your skidsteer the more likely your back end will lift off the ground and the container will stay put. You may need counter weights. Would like to here how you go and how you beat the challenge.

jp8775

I have put a weight plate 75 pounds on thetail gate. I was lifting much more but one by one the old hoses started failing. So i quit doing that.

wings5j

The lifting capacity is 1300 lbs and you will also read that the tipping capacity is 2600 lbs. you can safely work within these limits but handling a 4500 lb container you will most likely only be able to maneuver one end at at time. Just my opinion FWIW.

Good luck and I hope it works out for you.

OP
OP
M

marko13

So sure enough it was barely able to pick up one corner while lifting the ass end of the bobcat. However easy enough to just shove around the tiny bit I needed to adjust. Used the floor jack to raise and level, piece of cake. It just seems funny comparing that big old machine's hyd rams to a little floor jack but of course its' the leverage diff between the floor jack point of lift being right at the end of the ram where the cat has all that distance of arms and bucket to reach out to the point of lift (i guess)

OP
OP
M

marko13

you may lift one end some but for sure not the container, it will likely drag it, if you have forks put the tips under the container with the forks doing the dump position, place a block under the forks and lower the arms as you tilt the forks, it will pry up the container end
That's a clever idea, using it as a lever and fulcrum! I don't have forks but I'll remember that, might be able to hook the edge of a bucket under something and try the same idea.