75xt wont move, safety switches

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

afoster

Case 75xt 3000 hours 8 months ago it locked up on us while on a job site, and showed red lights on the lap bar and park indicator. we ended up cutting the wires to the lap bar, seat and park switch, and twisted the wires together. The machine then worked fine. couple months down the road we have problems with fuses blowing, and the machine locks up with park light on. finally get a fuse to stay in and the machine will work. couple weeks down the road machine locks up, fuses are good, no indicator lights. I wiggle a fuse and the machine works. So we remove the fuse cover, clean the fuse holders out. get all the corrosion out. Now the machine will not move no matter what I try. There are no indicator lights on upon start up. If I wiggle the fuse which is labeled with a "lock" the park light will light up, and then it will not go back off. The problem has never been, nor does it seem to be a mechanical problem, rather it seems it must be a wiring or safety problem. If I use the override lever the bucket will lift. Also I thought I read somewhere that there is a solenoid under the seat on the passenger side which is a common problem. the problem being that the ground is bad. I added an extra ground wire to this solenoid to see if that would help.

tndigger

I have been having similar issues with my 90XT. I have already bypassed the seat switch and last week had to bypass the seat bar switch. I will replace that switch because I think it is good to have. Last week every morning at first startup the machine would not move. I would move a couple of relays around and it would work fine the rest of the day. At the end of the week that procedure didn't produce results. The circuit of the seat bar needs to be tested with the engine running. I called dealer and the service tech mentioned corrosion problems with the fuse block and corrosion on the neutral safety switch ground wire.

Dalooch

I have been having similar issues with my 90XT. I have already bypassed the seat switch and last week had to bypass the seat bar switch. I will replace that switch because I think it is good to have. Last week every morning at first startup the machine would not move. I would move a couple of relays around and it would work fine the rest of the day. At the end of the week that procedure didn't produce results. The circuit of the seat bar needs to be tested with the engine running. I called dealer and the service tech mentioned corrosion problems with the fuse block and corrosion on the neutral safety switch ground wire.
I just picked up 2005 420 case skid I bought the machine knowing it had electrical gremlins. It had all sorts of issues from lights blowing fuses,starting intermediately. Quick disconnect wasn't working etc. Traced most problems to corrosion in the fuse box. It was a open cab machine and now is closed up hopefully it will keep the water from the fuse box now.