753 insulation panel behind seat, replacement

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Litnng

I'm working on painting my new to me 753 and the vinyl covered foam panel behind the seat, the one with the Bobcat emblem in it, is destroyed. Does any one know of a source for something like this for less than the $185 from the dealership? I really don't want to spend so much for a new one but it will really look bad with new paint and a torn back panel. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

renopker

I glued marine grade carpet to mine, looks great.
Carpet does it say welcome? just had to do that. any ways heres what it looks like.
DSC00004-1.jpg rops ins. picture by renopker

Tazza

Staff member
and another
hehe, carpet not a floor mat :)
That does look pretty nice! the back of mine was a tad rusty, so after being blasted it had a few pitted spots that the carpet hid. The vinyl does look nice, but would have shown up all the inperfections.

OP
OP
L

Litnng

hehe, carpet not a floor mat :)
That does look pretty nice! the back of mine was a tad rusty, so after being blasted it had a few pitted spots that the carpet hid. The vinyl does look nice, but would have shown up all the inperfections.
Renopker, That looks great, did you glue the new foam to the original backer that has the little clips on it or did you glue it right to the steel cab? What do you think about doing the headliner and corner covers, I talked to fehr and they make the same thing with foam that is only 1/4" thick. In your experience with working with the stuff, would it work?

renopker

Renopker, That looks great, did you glue the new foam to the original backer that has the little clips on it or did you glue it right to the steel cab? What do you think about doing the headliner and corner covers, I talked to fehr and they make the same thing with foam that is only 1/4" thick. In your experience with working with the stuff, would it work?
This cab has been cut apart and all new metal welded in it was sandblasted and powder coated so the glue is sticking to the powder coat. I used the 1/2 mat as thats what BC did and I didn't want to get to high up on the rear window.I dint think I would do the corners and top as it would be tough with contact glue to position it right . good luck.