753 Hydraulic Drive Motors

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dukevader33

Hey, everyone. Great site, a lot of information. I have been searching and searching and can not find a real solid answer to my latest Bobcat skid steer problem. I hate to bother you all but I hope someone can provide me with some advise or a link to an old post with the answer. My drive motors are acting up, first only one side now both. I want to know if it is worth it to and/or how to rebuild the drive motors. Any advise or information will be appreciated.

OldMachinist

Have you ever replaced the case drain filters. If they get clogged the motors will act up.
This picture is from a 763 but the ones on the 753 look about the same.
 photo 763G_case_drain_filters_zps1f8f80ed.jpg

adsmith72

Have you ever replaced the case drain filters. If they get clogged the motors will act up.
This picture is from a 763 but the ones on the 753 look about the same.
I was reading about case drain filters. I read several article's that stated case drain filters can cause more trouble than there worth. They are meant to stop cross contamination. I was wondering if people just remove them. It was stated that when they get plugged they can damage the piston pumps. Every article I read "not recommended" Just some thoughts on case drain filters. Any other thoughts?

OP
OP
D

dukevader33

Update... So the problem I was having was one drive motor would act up in reverse and the other forward. I swapped the two and the problem was the same. I finally took them apart and found a deteriorated O-ring under the growlers. I spoke to Heath at Final Drive Parts and he was able to get me the rebuild kits for a little less than my local Bob cat dealer. After the install of the kits both drive motors are working great.