753 died when I turned on the lights

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Loftatsea

I picked up a 753 a few weeks ago. I was using it today all day with no problems. I started it up to bring it back into my yard at the end of the day. After starting it I flipped on the lights and the machine immediately dies. Lights had been working earlier. When I tried to start it again I got nothing, not a click, not a clunk, not a single noise. It was as if the battery had been removed. I checked the battery which was fine. Lights would not work either from that point. I'm thinking and hoping ignition switch? Any thoughts? And all of this 36 hours before a snowstorm for which I need the machine.

flyerdan

It sounds like it could be a fusible link or a big master fuse. Since all the electrical shut down, including the hold coil for the fuel solenoid I'd suspect something that causes a main disconnect, since the battery is okay.
There should be a 753 book in the manual thread if you need to troubleshoot.

reaperman

I think flyerdan is correct, the main 100 amp fuse is probably the culprit. Coming off the positive battery terminal, there are two cables, one goes to the starter, the other goes strait up about 8" into a black plastic box. Open the box and inside is the 100 amp fuse.

foton

I think flyerdan is correct, the main 100 amp fuse is probably the culprit. Coming off the positive battery terminal, there are two cables, one goes to the starter, the other goes strait up about 8" into a black plastic box. Open the box and inside is the 100 amp fuse.
you can leave the switch to the lights off, but I think I would look for the short to ground first before putting juice back to harness if possible.

OP
OP
L

Loftatsea

you can leave the switch to the lights off, but I think I would look for the short to ground first before putting juice back to harness if possible.
Turns out it was simply a matter of cleaning up the battery terminal connections. Did that and it fired right up. Don't quite understand it but it works. Thanks to all the help.

reaperman

Turns out it was simply a matter of cleaning up the battery terminal connections. Did that and it fired right up. Don't quite understand it but it works. Thanks to all the help.
I'm glad it was simple. We have to take the easy ones they come along!!