753 BOBCAT

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

TRXQUAD

JUST PURCHASED A 2000 753 BOBCAT FOR JUST UNDER $8000.00 WITH 2200 HOURS ON THE METER.(I THINK I DID ALRIGHT) SEEMS LIKE EVERYTHING WORKS O.K. I HAVE NOT GONE THROUGH THE MACHINE OTHER THAN PURCHASING A NEW MUFFLER. I AM LOOKING FOR A SERVICE AND REPAIR MANUAL AND HAVE COME ACROSS SOME WITH DIFFERENT LETTER DESIGNATIONS AND I AM CURIOUS AS TO WHICH ONE I HAVE . SOME HAVE 753 SOME HAVE 753H SOME HAVE 753F SOME HAVE 753G . MY MACHINE HAS A TRACTION CONTROL SWITCH IN UPPER LEFT CORNER AND EXTERNAL HYDRAULIC SWITCHES IN UPPER RIGHT CORNER. THUMB CONTROL ON RIGHT JOYSTICK . DOES THIS INDICATE WHAT MACHINE I HAVE OR IS IT IN THE SERIAL NUMBER?

Tazza

Staff member
Check your serial number plate that should be at the rear left side of the machine near the radiator. It *should* have 753 and maybee a latter after it, if not it could be just a 753, not a newer version that is indicated by a letter after it. Worst case, call your local Bobcat dealer and give them your serial number and they should be able to tell you what series it is.

skidsteer.ca

Check your serial number plate that should be at the rear left side of the machine near the radiator. It *should* have 753 and maybee a latter after it, if not it could be just a 753, not a newer version that is indicated by a letter after it. Worst case, call your local Bobcat dealer and give them your serial number and they should be able to tell you what series it is.
If its a late 98 or newer it will have triangle shapped headlites and should be a G series. serial will tell a dealer what year it was put into service. It should have the G on the serial # plate to my 00 773 does.
Ken

OP
OP
T

TRXQUAD

If its a late 98 or newer it will have triangle shapped headlites and should be a G series. serial will tell a dealer what year it was put into service. It should have the G on the serial # plate to my 00 773 does.
Ken
THANKS I'M GOING TO BOBCAT TOMORROW. HOW MUCH SHOULD I EXPECT TO PAY FOR SERVICE MANUAL AND FILTERS TO SERVICE THE MACHINE I HAVE?

skidsteer.ca

THANKS I'M GOING TO BOBCAT TOMORROW. HOW MUCH SHOULD I EXPECT TO PAY FOR SERVICE MANUAL AND FILTERS TO SERVICE THE MACHINE I HAVE?
manual 45 to 50, filters vary, engine oil is cheap 10. 12 buck, hydraulic and air filters are more like 40 each. You can try crossing them into aftermarket, a good dealer will sell you genuine for about the same price as aftermarket, sometimes less!!, but some dealers will want more
Ken

Tazza

Staff member
manual 45 to 50, filters vary, engine oil is cheap 10. 12 buck, hydraulic and air filters are more like 40 each. You can try crossing them into aftermarket, a good dealer will sell you genuine for about the same price as aftermarket, sometimes less!!, but some dealers will want more
Ken
I agree with ken, filters are so very close to the same price of aftermarket ones. The bobcat ones you will get will be quality unlike some of the other filters that are floating around.
With a fair amount of hunting i can save like $5 on my main hydraulic filter for my 743 and a few bucks on the engine filter. Both were quality filters, purolator for the engine that was made in the USA and fleetguard for the hydraulics.

OP
OP
T

TRXQUAD

I agree with ken, filters are so very close to the same price of aftermarket ones. The bobcat ones you will get will be quality unlike some of the other filters that are floating around.
With a fair amount of hunting i can save like $5 on my main hydraulic filter for my 743 and a few bucks on the engine filter. Both were quality filters, purolator for the engine that was made in the USA and fleetguard for the hydraulics.
Thanks for your input I picked up oil.air,pre air, fuel and hyd filters today $96.00 from bobcat of boston. also bought new exhaust flex pipe for $98.00 ordered service manual for $62.00. Turns out the machine is a 1999 753f (narrow wheel base)

Latest posts