753 bobcat serial number

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jeepman4u

Hi all i just bought these 753 bobcat and the serial plate is gone, i was told that bobcat has more then one spot for the serial number on them. I would like to know where they are please so i came find out what year it is. The other i have looked at this should be 1998 or 1999. Any help would help. thanks

thetool

Check for stamped numbers on top of your chaincase by the foot pedals. If not there, under the cab on the chaincase.
I'm curious as to why you want to know the year. Bobcat dosen't care what year the machines are built. All parts are indexed by serial number, and by series to a lesser degree.
Let us know if and where you found it.
Good Luck.

OP
OP
J

jeepman4u

Check for stamped numbers on top of your chaincase by the foot pedals. If not there, under the cab on the chaincase.
I'm curious as to why you want to know the year. Bobcat dosen't care what year the machines are built. All parts are indexed by serial number, and by series to a lesser degree.
Let us know if and where you found it.
Good Luck.
Hey Shane I found this number on the motor v2203-160066. There is not one on the chain case by the foot pedals.It looks like i have a hose leaking in front of the motor.I got the parts for the quick release for the bucket, Thanks again.

Tazza

Staff member
Hey Shane I found this number on the motor v2203-160066. There is not one on the chain case by the foot pedals.It looks like i have a hose leaking in front of the motor.I got the parts for the quick release for the bucket, Thanks again.
Thats your engine serial number. Try lifting the arms and looking at where they sit on the chain case, there should be a number stamped somewhere around here too, not 100% sure exactly where though. I have seen it here on my 751, its like a backup if the serial number place goes missing for one reason or another.

OP
OP
J

jeepman4u

Thats your engine serial number. Try lifting the arms and looking at where they sit on the chain case, there should be a number stamped somewhere around here too, not 100% sure exactly where though. I have seen it here on my 751, its like a backup if the serial number place goes missing for one reason or another.
Hey Tazza Would i Find the Sn on the Inside or would i find that outside. These is the not the easy thing to find. Need some help Please.

BOHadvantage

It should be on the outside.
if you have the engine serial number call your bobcat dealer and they can reference what engine was put into what machine. The dealer will need to call the factory, but it can be done. I would also request that the dealer get you a replacement serial plate so you can stay out of trouble with the law. Johnny does not like unserialized machines running around town.

OP
OP
J

jeepman4u

if you have the engine serial number call your bobcat dealer and they can reference what engine was put into what machine. The dealer will need to call the factory, but it can be done. I would also request that the dealer get you a replacement serial plate so you can stay out of trouble with the law. Johnny does not like unserialized machines running around town.
Hey BOHadvantage I did what you and got a serial plate coming.I have found the serial number today, it was a big pain in the butt to find. I would like to thank THE TOOL(SHANE), TAZZA AND BOHADVANTAGE for all the help to find that.Thanks again. curt

thetool

Hey BOHadvantage I did what you and got a serial plate coming.I have found the serial number today, it was a big pain in the butt to find. I would like to thank THE TOOL(SHANE), TAZZA AND BOHADVANTAGE for all the help to find that.Thanks again. curt
Thank YOU! Where did the numbers turn up?

OP
OP
J

jeepman4u

Thank YOU! Where did the numbers turn up?
Hey Shane I used a wire brush on a hand held grinder and just clean paint, dirt, and what ever else that was stuck on there. They painted over the numbers, I find it at the top of the chain case by the plug in front. I also have a replacement plate coming to put back on it. Thanks again. Hey Shane once in awhile my foot control stick down how can i fix this. thanks curt

Tazza

Staff member
Hey Shane I used a wire brush on a hand held grinder and just clean paint, dirt, and what ever else that was stuck on there. They painted over the numbers, I find it at the top of the chain case by the plug in front. I also have a replacement plate coming to put back on it. Thanks again. Hey Shane once in awhile my foot control stick down how can i fix this. thanks curt
Is this for your lift arms? if so, you are pushing your toe too far forward and engaging the detent for float. When its stuck, tilt your bucket down and do the lift arms raise? This allows the bucket to *float* over un-even ground.

OP
OP
J

jeepman4u

Is this for your lift arms? if so, you are pushing your toe too far forward and engaging the detent for float. When its stuck, tilt your bucket down and do the lift arms raise? This allows the bucket to *float* over un-even ground.
Hey Tazza Thank for the help.