753 Blown Lift Cylinder Hose

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jinxie

Hi 1994 753 The hydraulic hose for the lift cylinder is leaking on the left side of the machine(as seated in it) Do I need to drain the hydraulic oil? If I remove the lines tonight....I wont have new lines to install until tomorrow night.....with it leak everywhere? Also, the hose on the inside to the rear of the cylinder is leaking. The other hose will have to come off just so I can access the nut on the leaking hose. I should probably change both. Are the other ends in the engine compartment? Any tips to R&R? Does the air cleaner need to be removed? Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
It won't leak all your fluid out if you remove it.
You should be able to access it without removing the air box, but it may make things easier. Access to the bottom end of the hose is not great, but it is doable.
Give the area a good clean before you attack it, you don't want rubbish getting into the hydraulic system.

OP
OP
J

jinxie

It won't leak all your fluid out if you remove it.
You should be able to access it without removing the air box, but it may make things easier. Access to the bottom end of the hose is not great, but it is doable.
Give the area a good clean before you attack it, you don't want rubbish getting into the hydraulic system.
Thanks I did get them out.....not all that easy. The steel rigid lines and the fact that they are tucked up under the aux rigid lines didnt help either. I managed to find some caps too.....too keep the dirt out of the open lines. Another question....... The belt was loose and I grabbed the tensioner and it seems to be sticking and not holding pressure on the belt. It looks like there is a spring around the shaft, but it didnt look broken. Any ideas?

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks I did get them out.....not all that easy. The steel rigid lines and the fact that they are tucked up under the aux rigid lines didnt help either. I managed to find some caps too.....too keep the dirt out of the open lines. Another question....... The belt was loose and I grabbed the tensioner and it seems to be sticking and not holding pressure on the belt. It looks like there is a spring around the shaft, but it didnt look broken. Any ideas?
The tensioner spring can be a bit of pain. I think they stick due to getting gunk in them from running. You can try removing it and spraying it with something like WD40 then blowing it out with compressed air.
Avoid buying a new one if possible, they charge about 400+ for them.......

OP
OP
J

jinxie

The tensioner spring can be a bit of pain. I think they stick due to getting gunk in them from running. You can try removing it and spraying it with something like WD40 then blowing it out with compressed air.
Avoid buying a new one if possible, they charge about 400+ for them.......
All fixed up.....pulled the tensioner off and cleaned/lubed it up. Thanks for the help!

Latest posts