Bobcat 753 blown hydraulic line replacement and repair help

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Widgeon71

I currently have been using my father-in-law's Bobcat 753 in my yard. Yesterday I was cruising along and instantly lost all hydraulic pressure. After some troubleshooting, I found the leak to be in the hydraulic line circle in red in the attached photo. In the photo I have already cut out the leaking portion. The line was rubbing against the fitting marked in yellow and has a blow out that is about 1"x3/4", rather large! It dumped all the oil into the bottom of the unit and basically coated everything in the compartment.

I have been unable to find a replacement hose or even figure out what to order. Also, it looks extremely difficult to get to the connection fittings. There is a plate on the right side of the skid steer (left in photo) between the wheels on the outside of the frame. Does removing this allow access to one side of the line that needs to be replaced? Does anyone know of any repair helps for this particular line and where I could get a replacement? It appears to be 5/8" in diameter, I have seen hydraulic line repair kits, but none larger than 1/2". Is there a way to safely splice this?

Unfortunately I do not have a ton of experience in these types of repair and would greatly appreciate any help; thank you in advance! As a side note, there is no way I can drive this and it is trapped deep in the bowels of my yard, surrounded by piles of dirt.

Attachments

• Bobcat-blown-hydraulic.jpg
    Bobcat-blown-hydraulic.jpg
    687.2 KB · Views: 627

brdgbldr

That is probably a drive motor hose. The plate between the wheels is an access to the drive motor and you will be able to get to that end of the hose from there.

Here is a link to the Bobcat parts catalog:

You should be able to locate which hose it is and get the part number.

Another option is to remove the hose and take ALL of the hose to a hydraulic shop, including the piece you cut out, and they can make you a new hose the proper length with the correct ends.

Some automotive shops like NAPA or farm stores make hydraulic hoses in the shop.

That is a high pressure hose. You can not repair it.

foton

when you do relpace the hose there is products out there to protect hoses from scuffing wear. several options to choose from ,pick the one you think is best for your appilication.

OP
OP
W

Widgeon71

That is probably a drive motor hose. The plate between the wheels is an access to the drive motor and you will be able to get to that end of the hose from there.

Here is a link to the Bobcat parts catalog:

You should be able to locate which hose it is and get the part number.

Another option is to remove the hose and take ALL of the hose to a hydraulic shop, including the piece you cut out, and they can make you a new hose the proper length with the correct ends.

Some automotive shops like NAPA or farm stores make hydraulic hoses in the shop.

That is a high pressure hose. You can not repair it.
Thank you for your reply and help! It's good to know not to try any kind of repair but to do a full replacement. I'll attempt to get the hose out tonight. I am very concerned about being able to access the connection points and will report back later.

OP
OP
W

Widgeon71

when you do relpace the hose there is products out there to protect hoses from scuffing wear. several options to choose from ,pick the one you think is best for your appilication.
Good to know. I was pretty shocked how big of a rub spot and the blow out that it caused was. I'll have to take a photo and post it because it's pretty amazing to see. I'll check for something to use to protect it.

GeorgeG

That is not a drive motor Jose. That is the pressure supply line to the control valve that runs your boom and bucket cylinders. Yes, there is a small access plate on the right-side of the machine behind the right rear wheel that allows access to the fitting. Pull both wheels and the steel covers off the right side. The small plate is big enough to allow you to take an angle grinder and make the access hole a little longer so your wrench will have enough room to turn the fitting. Take the pieces to any implement dealer or to Bobcat and the will make you a new one. Probably around $125 today.

mocus250

I Had the hyd control supply line break on an s-250. Had to modify a wrench to fit in there to get line off. Seems like I had to shorten the wrench and maybe cut piece out of the box end to make my own line wrench, Couldn't find one anywhere that big nearby. It as come in handy a few times as I've had to use it other hydraulic hoe repairs in tight quarters.

OP
OP
W

Widgeon71

Thanks again for everyone's help! I'm starting to understand more of what is going on, but have more questions and things aren't quite aligning up to what I am reading and I need to add more/updated details.

I've taken the wheel off as well as the access plate. The attached image shows the hose in question (which has been cut in the middle currently.) The blue lines show the large lines that run from the back-middle, under almost everything, then are attached behind the access plate. I believe these are the ones mentioned that need to have some grinding on the main side plate in order to remove. The red line that needs to be replaced starts at the back left, goes under most stuff but is nestled between the two blue lines and terminates approximately where the red "X" is.

What I think needs to happen is that I will need open the access plate hole with a grinder and remove both of the blue lines. This will allow me to get at the red line's fitting from the inside, still in a very tight place. This is where I'll probably have to get an open ended wrench and cut it off to fit and be able to get at the fitting.

Does this seem correct with the updated details?

skid-steer-details.jpg