750 questions concerning forestry cutter

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Hello, I have a question about the t750 that I was hoping someone here could help me out with so that I have some insight when I talk to the dealer. Basically if I am considering using a forestry cutter with the machine I buy, is the t750 big enough to get the job done on a steady basis, or should I pay up for the 770 or 870? According to the specs the t750 is the lowest model that you could use a FC with. I'm not sure if that means it's borderline in terms of being able to handle the attachment and operate it at it's optimal performance. Any thoughts?

Bobcatdan

A 750 and 770 are basically the same machine, 770 has more HP. Hydraulic performance should be equal. Difference in rated lift not an issue. There is pretty big jump between the 650 and 750 so that is the main reason a 750 would be listed as the "smallest" machine for the job. A few extra HP of a 770 could be nice, but I don't know if really needed. Just so you know, there is a full forestry package that had to be added to the machine to run the bobcat head. I'd strongly recommend it even if you go with an aftermarket head.

OP
OP
B
A 750 and 770 are basically the same machine, 770 has more HP. Hydraulic performance should be equal. Difference in rated lift not an issue. There is pretty big jump between the 650 and 750 so that is the main reason a 750 would be listed as the "smallest" machine for the job. A few extra HP of a 770 could be nice, but I don't know if really needed. Just so you know, there is a full forestry package that had to be added to the machine to run the bobcat head. I'd strongly recommend it even if you go with an aftermarket head.
Thanks, I talked with someone today who said the 750 was made just to compete with another companies model. He also said he knows a construction worker who feels a bit of buyers remorse after buying the 750 saying that the extra hp'd 770 would have been a better choice.

Bobcatdan

Thanks, I talked with someone today who said the 750 was made just to compete with another companies model. He also said he knows a construction worker who feels a bit of buyers remorse after buying the 750 saying that the extra hp'd 770 would have been a better choice.
T750 replaced T300 and T770 replaced T320.

Latest posts