2009 T320 Forestry Mulcher Issues

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

PWT

Anyone have any idea what the system is looking for in a Forestry door that keeps the Mulcher from running? I have an aftermarket forestry door and am told the Bobcat Forestry Mulcher will only work with a Bobcat brand door? There are only 3 wiring connections to any of the doors, one goes to a dry normally closed set of contacts (the door latch), one goes to the windshield wiper motor, and the last on goes to the windshield washer pump. none of the seem to go to the attachment harness. Also, when I start the machine, the high flow light automatically comes on?

flyerdan

Logic dictates that the mulcher is only interested in the door open status, so that's what you need to focus on. Chances are it requires a closed circuit to operate, so jumpering it to see if it will work is the first step.
If it does, and you don't have to work around safety police, getting a matching end for the mulcher and making a dongle is the quickest non-permanent solution. That will, of course, bypass all safety factors and it will be live whenever engaged.
You could also cut and splice the right connectors, probably making the aftermarket door compatible to the bobcat attachment. If the cab also requires signal from the door switch so you can't cut that end off, getting a matching connector for the mulcher and splicing it in parallel to the door switch should make everything work as intended.

As for the high flow issue, can't help there. There might be a user manual in the thread below if you don't have one. My guess would be that it either detects something hooked up, or it's a user setting that got turned on somehow.