743B fires but dies immediately

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

oracle_of_ferndale

Finally got my 743B back together this weekend. It started right up and ran for about a minute. Then it died. It will turn over and crank, but then dies immediately when I let off the ignition. Any ideas? What do I check first?

Tazza

Staff member
Get a helper to hold the fuel shut off solenoid in the run position ot use a cable tie, see if it stays running. If it does, your hold coil is burnt out or the solenoid is out of adjustment.
It could be the bleed screw on the injector pump was not closed too.

OP
OP
O

oracle_of_ferndale

Get a helper to hold the fuel shut off solenoid in the run position ot use a cable tie, see if it stays running. If it does, your hold coil is burnt out or the solenoid is out of adjustment.
It could be the bleed screw on the injector pump was not closed too.
Thanks Tazza. My fuel shutoff solenoid is two coat hangers twisted together so they reach to the cab. I doubt that is the issue. I did not adjust the bleed screw, but I will check it anyway. There were some electrical issues recently. Would a bad alternator cause it to shut off? Thanks!

reed2022

Thanks Tazza. My fuel shutoff solenoid is two coat hangers twisted together so they reach to the cab. I doubt that is the issue. I did not adjust the bleed screw, but I will check it anyway. There were some electrical issues recently. Would a bad alternator cause it to shut off? Thanks!
I would make sure it is bleed good, it could have some air in system yet. Open the bleed valve and pump the hand bulb and have someone to start keep pumping the blub Let it run just a little and shut the valve that work on my V1902. Make sure run your glow plugs 15 to 20 seconds.

Tazza

Staff member
I would make sure it is bleed good, it could have some air in system yet. Open the bleed valve and pump the hand bulb and have someone to start keep pumping the blub Let it run just a little and shut the valve that work on my V1902. Make sure run your glow plugs 15 to 20 seconds.
If you have the shut off lever tied into place, the alternator will have nothing to do with it. If you can get the engine running, it should keep running with or without power.
I second the bellding idea, ensure there isn't a drop of air in there and that the valve is closed.

7LBSSMALLIE

If you have the shut off lever tied into place, the alternator will have nothing to do with it. If you can get the engine running, it should keep running with or without power.
I second the bellding idea, ensure there isn't a drop of air in there and that the valve is closed.
confirm fuel feed with remote tank