743 Universal joints

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
ok, if anyone needs to replace their universal joints between the engine and the hydro pump(s) the numbers you need are:
114-2116
114-2117
I hope this is helpfull to someone else.

ajwgator

Thanks for the info Tazza! I don't see any reason these wouldn't fit a 800 series too. Hope the engine goes in without much trouble.

OP
OP
T

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks for the info Tazza! I don't see any reason these wouldn't fit a 800 series too. Hope the engine goes in without much trouble.
I hope so too, i will post my progress tomorrow if all goes well. I hope to get the engine in and started, i just hope i don't get too much oil squirting out of the tube lines (no rams attached yet).

Luthor

I hope so too, i will post my progress tomorrow if all goes well. I hope to get the engine in and started, i just hope i don't get too much oil squirting out of the tube lines (no rams attached yet).
Tazza, what brand of u- joint do those part numbers refer to? Did you get a price for them?

OP
OP
T

Tazza

Staff member
Tazza, what brand of u- joint do those part numbers refer to? Did you get a price for them?
They are mady by Hardy Spicer down in Southern Victoria.
As for price, i doubt you will get very close to this but:
114-2116 $41.24
114-2117 $45.26 - this one was actually suposed to be about $60, but he quoted the lower price so he stood by it.
Those prices are plus GST
Try any bearing shop for these parts, if they don't stock them they can usually get them in.
Bobcat wanted about $135 each, plus GST for them, just as a guide.

Garauld

They are mady by Hardy Spicer down in Southern Victoria.
As for price, i doubt you will get very close to this but:
114-2116 $41.24
114-2117 $45.26 - this one was actually suposed to be about $60, but he quoted the lower price so he stood by it.
Those prices are plus GST
Try any bearing shop for these parts, if they don't stock them they can usually get them in.
Bobcat wanted about $135 each, plus GST for them, just as a guide.
I just replaced mine. I got them from from the local auto parts store - local chain. Advance Auto wanted $100 each - ripoff... They are Precision Universal Joint (div. of Federal Mogul) p/n's 994 & 952. Cost was $62 & $65. They came with new screws too. Since the seals were a bit stiff, they held position pretty well so I set the U-joint assy level and slid the engine back in with a crowbar. I jockeyed the crank a bit and it slid right in - all by meself....

OP
OP
T

Tazza

Staff member
I just replaced mine. I got them from from the local auto parts store - local chain. Advance Auto wanted $100 each - ripoff... They are Precision Universal Joint (div. of Federal Mogul) p/n's 994 & 952. Cost was $62 & $65. They came with new screws too. Since the seals were a bit stiff, they held position pretty well so I set the U-joint assy level and slid the engine back in with a crowbar. I jockeyed the crank a bit and it slid right in - all by meself....
Glad it was easy for you, i think i had a helper with a bar every time. I got the engine in place and told them to bump it forward SLOWLY as i didn't want to loose a fingertip... All went well, and all my fingers are still the correct length.

renopker

I ended up geting them from bobcat at 62.00 each Napa was way wwwwwwwwwaaaaay more.

Cyclone Ranger

I ended up geting them from bobcat at 62.00 each Napa was way wwwwwwwwwaaaaay more.
Here is some additional source information for these u-joints:
Spider assembly, Bobcat PN# 6598347 - $190
U-joint mfg PN#s:
Precision: 994 and 952
Neapco: 1-2185 and 1-2186
Source:
Drivetrain America - Warehouse Location
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
Phone: 888-382-2953
E-Mail: [email protected]
http://www.drivetrainamerica.com
1-2185 - $40.84