743 fuel shutoff cable replacement?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jrcampbe

Hi everyone, I have a 743 that my landlord is letting me use to keep the snow off the driveway. The last time I used it, the fuel shutoff cable was seized in the cable housing. I pulled it pretty good and the cable housing pulled up from the console, but the cable is still stuck. I found the fuel shutoff linkage in the engine compartment and I'm using that to turn the machine off. I'd like to replace the cable. How big a job is this? Does the entire cab need to be removed from the machine? If so, this exceeds what I can do in my garage as I lack a hoist. Do any of you have some advice for me? Thanks in advance, Jim

tubby's repair

The cab will need to be tipped back. Remove two nuts from the front inside cab,and hold down washers. They are usually rectangular. Now you can lift up on front of cab. You may need helper to lift cab. Make sure that when you tip cab back,that it goes all the way up and (LOCKS). Dont want cab coming down on you when working. Sould then be able to remove old cable and install new. Hope this helps, Wes

Tazza

Staff member
The cab will need to be tipped back. Remove two nuts from the front inside cab,and hold down washers. They are usually rectangular. Now you can lift up on front of cab. You may need helper to lift cab. Make sure that when you tip cab back,that it goes all the way up and (LOCKS). Dont want cab coming down on you when working. Sould then be able to remove old cable and install new. Hope this helps, Wes
Just as Wes said, lift the cab, lock it up, the whole job is pretty simple. The only snag i have hit in the past is when it touched the battery terminal. It got a tad warm. Watch out for that, you won't have any issues!