Fuel shutoff

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dirtpig538

Fuel shutoff is not working on my 763. Have swapped relays, checked fuse. Solenoid operates when power is put to it. What else can I look at?

foton

I am almost positive that it has two hots one wire is a hold open for the fuel the other hot is a initial open for the fuel, they work together . I think one works in the start position of the key switch the other hot works threw the run position of the key switch. and there is the ground. but the two hots should have 12 volts when activated. the ground should read near or at 0 ohms to the chassis. double check what I wrote about the hots., I have been wrong before .

OP
OP
D

dirtpig538

Rechecked, I have 5.5 volts at one wire, nothing at the other wire. Where would I run a new wire to if I was to rewire it?

foton

I believe that it would be best if you find the issue with the wiring harness vs. adding another hot to bypass and leave a problem to further degrade. And the problem might be your key switch also.

billyb

Careful !! If you mix up your two power wires you will fry the solenoid. One wire is power when key is in Start to pull it in and another has power all the time the key is in on position. Takes more power to pull it in than to hold it in. Solenoid will not pull in in on position You have to put power from start position first. But on correct wire.

haymaker

Careful !! If you mix up your two power wires you will fry the solenoid. One wire is power when key is in Start to pull it in and another has power all the time the key is in on position. Takes more power to pull it in than to hold it in. Solenoid will not pull in in on position You have to put power from start position first. But on correct wire.
This could be why you may be showing power to only 1 wire when you are not trying to crank, depending on where you are testing for power.

Latest posts