743 - Engine seems seized

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Used my Bobcat two days ago, everything was fine and completed work. Parked it in workshop, came out yesterday to use it, and there is a large "clank" noise when I turn to start position and engine does not turn over.

I am perplexed, but will pull starter to see if any thing up with it, but a couple of questions:

1. I looked at starter and saw three mount bolts on front left side and a mouthing bracket on back. I cannot see right side at all and wonder if there is a bolt on that side.

2. Can the engine be turned over by hand if engine protector shield is removed? (Like a normal engine using a breaker bar/large socket?

Thanks Ron

Attachments

• Engine Cover.jpg
    Engine Cover.jpg
    630.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Starter Bottm Bracket.jpg
    Starter Bottm Bracket.jpg
    572.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Started Bolts1.jpg
    Started Bolts1.jpg
    546.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Bottom Left.jpg
    Bottom Left.jpg
    463.5 KB · Views: 77

brdgbldr

There is just the bracket and the 3 bolts in the front to remove the starter.

I would think that you could turn the engine over but I am new to diesel engines. I do know however that diesel engines run on high compression and technically you could hand crank start it as long as it is getting fuel and air.

Here is a link that you can go to and enter the serial number of your machine and it will show you exploded views that really help when disassembling and reassembling parts:

OP
OP
rscott7706

I would think that you could turn the engine over but I am new to diesel engines. I do know however that diesel engines run on high compression and technically you could hand crank start it as long as it is getting fuel and air.

Here is a link that you can go to and enter the serial number of your machine and it will show you exploded views that really help when disassembling and reassembling parts:
Thank you!

I took the engine protection plate off and was able to spin the engine, so am relived it is not seized up. It almost ahs to be the starter motor causing the issue.

Ron Scott

OP
OP
rscott7706

It is with apologies that I did not thank you for your reply. So, THANK YOU!!

Ron