730 service manual

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mrsschmitz

Pretty much any clean oil will work in the chaincase. Some people use the oil they drain from the hydraulic/hydrostatic system when they change it.
I found dozens of Bobcat service manuals with a manual search engine. Ask them to find the 730 books. See my results page: http://manualfox.com/searchengine/results.htm

Tazza

Staff member
I found dozens of Bobcat service manuals with a manual search engine. Ask them to find the 730 books. See my results page: http://manualfox.com/searchengine/results.htm
Lack of power could be a blocked suction line filter that is located in the port block. Look on the top of the hydraulic pump, the square block has three hoses on the left, the middle one is what you want. remove the hose and the fitting, there is a spring and filter behind here. Clean or replace the filter. If that doesn't solve the power issue, you have scoring in your pump or drive motor. The pump can be re-surfeced if you are willing to spend the time with glass and wet and dry sand paper. New parts aren't THAT expensive either. Under $1,000 will get the pump back to new condition.

hockeyboy

Lack of power could be a blocked suction line filter that is located in the port block. Look on the top of the hydraulic pump, the square block has three hoses on the left, the middle one is what you want. remove the hose and the fitting, there is a spring and filter behind here. Clean or replace the filter. If that doesn't solve the power issue, you have scoring in your pump or drive motor. The pump can be re-surfeced if you are willing to spend the time with glass and wet and dry sand paper. New parts aren't THAT expensive either. Under $1,000 will get the pump back to new condition.
Hey, first time on here. Recently purchased my first Bobcat... a 730... which seems to work well, at least for a while. It runs great for about an hour +/- then it dies out. If you throw the throttle back to idle you can save it sometimes and after idling a minute it might run fine another few minutes, but sometimes only a few seconds. Next day is fine again. Already replaced battery, plugs, fuel filter, adjusted and filed points and still no good. Have considered many courses of action, but wondering if anyone has had similar issues with this Wisconsin 30hp motor? I am thinking new cap/rotor/points/plugs or fuel pump, carb rebuild or maybe new coil? The guy I bought this from said he always ran gas with ethenol in it and never had a problem, but I have heard this can cause problems with older small gas engines... especially with carb seals, etc. Sorry for the long post, but really need a direction to go in. Thanks!

OldMachinist

Hey, first time on here. Recently purchased my first Bobcat... a 730... which seems to work well, at least for a while. It runs great for about an hour +/- then it dies out. If you throw the throttle back to idle you can save it sometimes and after idling a minute it might run fine another few minutes, but sometimes only a few seconds. Next day is fine again. Already replaced battery, plugs, fuel filter, adjusted and filed points and still no good. Have considered many courses of action, but wondering if anyone has had similar issues with this Wisconsin 30hp motor? I am thinking new cap/rotor/points/plugs or fuel pump, carb rebuild or maybe new coil? The guy I bought this from said he always ran gas with ethenol in it and never had a problem, but I have heard this can cause problems with older small gas engines... especially with carb seals, etc. Sorry for the long post, but really need a direction to go in. Thanks!
Might be a plugged fuel tank vent. Next time it does it loosen the cap and see if it recovers.

hockeyboy

Might be a plugged fuel tank vent. Next time it does it loosen the cap and see if it recovers.
Dang. Thanks but I also forgot to mention that we had already tried that earlier in the troubleshooting process with no success. That is the tricky part here is that the symptoms, at least to me and my modest mechanical abilities, are not cut and dry between a fuel problem and an electrical problem. The motor seems to run strong right up until it sputters out. Even after it dies, it will always start again as long as you start it at low throttle. Any other thoughts? I really appreciate the help!

OldMachinist

Dang. Thanks but I also forgot to mention that we had already tried that earlier in the troubleshooting process with no success. That is the tricky part here is that the symptoms, at least to me and my modest mechanical abilities, are not cut and dry between a fuel problem and an electrical problem. The motor seems to run strong right up until it sputters out. Even after it dies, it will always start again as long as you start it at low throttle. Any other thoughts? I really appreciate the help!
My normal procedure to troubleshoot a problem like this is to hook up a separate gravity feed fuel tank direct to the carburetor and see if that fixes the problem. If it does then you know its likely a fuel supply problem. Could be vapor lock or junk in the fuel tank clogging the pick up. What engine is in it?

hockeyboy

My normal procedure to troubleshoot a problem like this is to hook up a separate gravity feed fuel tank direct to the carburetor and see if that fixes the problem. If it does then you know its likely a fuel supply problem. Could be vapor lock or junk in the fuel tank clogging the pick up. What engine is in it?
I will try that. Might be a couple days before I am able to spend that much time with the machine, but will try that next time for sure. The engine is a 30hp Wisconsin gas, 4 cyl. As I said before, it sure seems to run fine most of the time as long as you don't spend more than an hour using it. I suppose it doesn't help any that the 30hp gas seems a little underpowered for a bobcat that size. As for the possibility of junk in the tank, I had thought of draining the tank anyway to get the ethanol gas out of it and start running premium in it so I could inspect/clean the tank at that point. Thanks again!

OldMachinist

I will try that. Might be a couple days before I am able to spend that much time with the machine, but will try that next time for sure. The engine is a 30hp Wisconsin gas, 4 cyl. As I said before, it sure seems to run fine most of the time as long as you don't spend more than an hour using it. I suppose it doesn't help any that the 30hp gas seems a little underpowered for a bobcat that size. As for the possibility of junk in the tank, I had thought of draining the tank anyway to get the ethanol gas out of it and start running premium in it so I could inspect/clean the tank at that point. Thanks again!
Just another thought some of the Wisconsin engines have a temp sensor on one of the heads that shuts down the ignition if it overheats and I've heard of them causing intermittent problems. If yours has one I'd make sure all the cooling fins and passages are clean before running it without it.
Also I did a search and found this post on a 630 with a Wisconsin doing the same thing http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=28205
If you read thru it all you'll see all the things he tried, his ended up being the coil.

hockeyboy

Just another thought some of the Wisconsin engines have a temp sensor on one of the heads that shuts down the ignition if it overheats and I've heard of them causing intermittent problems. If yours has one I'd make sure all the cooling fins and passages are clean before running it without it.
Also I did a search and found this post on a 630 with a Wisconsin doing the same thing http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=28205
If you read thru it all you'll see all the things he tried, his ended up being the coil.
Hey, it's been a while since I was on here, but I thought I would say THANKS! I think the new coil did the trick. After putting the new coil in I used it for over 2 hours trouble free and then last weekend used it to dig post holes for a pole shed and it was running trouble free for about 5 hours. So, I think that problem should be resolved. Again, thank you for your help and suggestions.