642B

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

gfrye

Two questions. My 642B has an oil leak on the inside of one of the front wheels. Is this something the average owner can fix or would it have to go to a dealer? Also, it creeps a little foward. Are there any adjustments i can do to correct this? Thanks in advance.

Tazza

Staff member
Both can be fixed without going to the dealer.
The axle seals for you should be fairly easy as i think your machine uses a 2 piece axle. Can you see a bolt on the outside of the hub where the wheel goes on? if so, replacement is quite simple. If not, its not so easy but still can be done.
As for the creeping, this is just adjustments of 2 steering stops on the hydrostatic pump. Getting it just rite can be a total nightmare! i will try and remember to scan in the instructions for this procedure tomorrow.

OP
OP
G

gfrye

Both can be fixed without going to the dealer.
The axle seals for you should be fairly easy as i think your machine uses a 2 piece axle. Can you see a bolt on the outside of the hub where the wheel goes on? if so, replacement is quite simple. If not, its not so easy but still can be done.
As for the creeping, this is just adjustments of 2 steering stops on the hydrostatic pump. Getting it just rite can be a total nightmare! i will try and remember to scan in the instructions for this procedure tomorrow.
thanks very much for responding. i will look for what you pointed out tomorrow. i don't yet have the wheel off. thanks again. i appreciate the your assistance.

Latest posts