630 Restore

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
ancomcabs

ancomcabs

Rust-Oleum 3700 System
A break-through acrylic formulation that outperforms competitive industrial acrylics. Superior corrosion resistance, gloss and color retention, adhesion, early water resistance and chemical resistance as proven by independent testing. Excellent coverage in one coat. Protects against mild acids, alkalis and solvents. Efficient Direct-To-Metal (DTM) coating no primer required. Black finish.

Shopping Cart Product Description Item # Quantity Price Total Rust-Oleum 3700 System
Rust-Oleum 3700 System
Subtotal: $195.80 Zip Code: 35216 Shipping: $27.40 Total does not include tax Total: $223.20

This would be for a total of 4 gallons.
My cost was right at 50 per gallon, no shipping as it is from a local distributor
Pricey yes but way cheaper than 25/qt from bobcat. I pay 40-60 per gallon for the high quality laquers I use so the price does not surprise me and it does cover well, I could paint 50 buckets with that gallon so now were talking a dollar a bucket

OP
OP
ancomcabs

ancomcabs

My cost was right at 50 per gallon, no shipping as it is from a local distributor
Pricey yes but way cheaper than 25/qt from bobcat. I pay 40-60 per gallon for the high quality laquers I use so the price does not surprise me and it does cover well, I could paint 50 buckets with that gallon so now were talking a dollar a bucket
SOLD!
Merry Christmas and happy holidays everyone!

Mikefromcny

Wow, that was quick. 3 weeks and sold. Its amazing what a difference a nice paint job makes. Thanks for all the pics.
Congrats, hopefully it went to a nice home. I actually had a paving gypsy offer $500 less then what I wanted. Glad I refused.

OP
OP
ancomcabs

ancomcabs

Congrats, hopefully it went to a nice home. I actually had a paving gypsy offer $500 less then what I wanted. Glad I refused.
The 630 was bought by someone who will be shipping it to the Dominican Republic, I guess that qualifies as a "nice" home. He said the beat the crap out of stuff there and I reminded him it was 30+ years old then he said they can fix anything!

Fabricator

The 630 was bought by someone who will be shipping it to the Dominican Republic, I guess that qualifies as a "nice" home. He said the beat the crap out of stuff there and I reminded him it was 30+ years old then he said they can fix anything!
That looks really nice! Have to find some time to tear mine apart and make it look that good!

OP
OP
ancomcabs

ancomcabs

That looks really nice! Have to find some time to tear mine apart and make it look that good!
It realy was not that difficult. The machines were made very simple back then and easy to work on. I took most of it appart in the spring and did not get around to painting and putting back together until the fall and was surprised how smooth it went back together, I thought I would be scratching my head trying to figure it out