4835 Auxiliary Control - Intermittent Failure

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

beyoko

I've got a 4835 SXT and the auxiliary control rocker switch on the (right side) handle fails when I try to reverse or stop the attachment. The attachment starts moving just fine, but then I have to go to the panel rocker switch just to stop it. When it happens, I can't get the handle rocker switch to reverse or even stop the attachment. I'm checking on parts prices for a new switch and even the ERC Electric/Auxiliary control box, but I wondered of there could be some other problem (main control valve, etc.). I had a hydraulics guy look at & work on it. He said I didn't have any burnt/damaged exposed leads. It worked for a couple auger post holes after he "fixed" it, but I didn't even finish the auger job before it failed again. I'll replace the switch, leads, and even ERC if I have to, but I want to make sure there's not another issue that could be causing the problem before I spend the big bucks. Thanks for any help/advice.

SkidRoe

Can you ring out the electrical circuit with a multimeter set on ohms? This may help you locate any breaks in the circuit, and check your switch / solenoid.