Unresolved Auxiliary Valve Stuck

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

BigD2251

Maybe one of you can help me find a direction to go. I have a Gehl SL4840 with and and foot controls. I want to attach a grapple but trying to understand how the machine needs to be set up to do so. Specifically the right hand control has a pin that can be removed and the entire hand control rotates downward. Pic attached shows item 13 which is a cable and dashed lines show where it connects onto the valve spool (not sure if correct term is spool)? The other picture shows a round black cover which is held on by 2 screws. These screws fit thru a square block as shown and then tighten up to hold both block and round cover on. This black square block seems to be stuck to the valve itself. It has a wire connected to the side of it. Im assuming its a solenoid that is sticking. When I remove the screws, the entire block and spool can pull out 1/4" or so.

I cannot rotate and the hand control. It is stuck. Can anyone share their experiences or thoughts how I can move forward. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0123.jpg
    IMG_0123.jpg
    560.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0103.jpg
    IMG_0103.jpg
    401.1 KB · Views: 54

brdgbldr

I don't know about the Gehl machines but I do know that when the Bobcat auxiliaries are not used for years they have a tendency to lock up. I would suggest penetrating oil for the controls and you may need to try and remove the solenoid to test it and see if the valve moves.