450 skidssteer died

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

1845and450

yesterday i fired up my case 450 moved about 20feet to disconnect the snowblade and as i got out it started to idle down and died. to me it seems like it ran out of fuel, the temperature was about -10c and i admit i didnt let it warm up for very long (enough to play with hydralics). unscrewed the drain on the filter and its bone dry, disconnect the line way down near the belly pan for the small filter and fuel spews out from the tank. ive had a simular problem last winter when it got down to -30 and it died just after fueling up...didnt get it start till 3 days later...tarped the entire machine and thawed it out with a herman nelson for 24hrs straight... so as of today ive replace both filters, drained the fuel tank... still no fuel coming...think maybe my fuel pump was damaged by ice buildup?

OP
OP

1845and450

thought id be able to get help sooner from here... removed fuel pump, spring is fine but the diaphram inside must be damaged. got new pump in lastnite and its day and nite difference. will be installing that, i wish case would of given me even just a couple morew inches of room... get my arms in there but its all by feel since i cant see what im doing

Tazza

Staff member
thought id be able to get help sooner from here... removed fuel pump, spring is fine but the diaphram inside must be damaged. got new pump in lastnite and its day and nite difference. will be installing that, i wish case would of given me even just a couple morew inches of room... get my arms in there but its all by feel since i cant see what im doing
Glad it was a *simple* fix. I guess this is where Bobcat has a slight advantage with the priming bulb. If you are concerned the lift pump isn't in great shape, you can squeeze the primer bulb and see the the engines RPM changes.
At least you found the problem.
As for access, no one seems to think about this, they throw the engine in assuming it will all be fine, unfortunatly its not always the case.