4-1 quick attach

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jcass29

I bought a used constructuion attachments 4-1 bucket today i was excited to get home and try it out to my dismay the attachment points are not the same..i didnt even bother to measure it because i didnt know there was a difference . The top lip runs the whole length of the bucket but my pins are about 2 inchs on the inside of the existing quick pin/rod holes.. what machine uses wider attachment points. I also had to change the male coupler on the attachment to match my flat face couplers.

Tazza

Staff member
I don't know what machine it was off, but you will be able to modify the attaching points to suit your machine. WOrst case, get an quick attach plate and weld it to the bucket.
4 in 1 buckets are oh so handy!, i'm sure you'll love it :)

skidsteer.ca

I don't know what machine it was off, but you will be able to modify the attaching points to suit your machine. WOrst case, get an quick attach plate and weld it to the bucket.
That is common on oem buckets, the aftermarket one use a retangular hole instead of square so they will fit all brands.
No big problem though just widen the hole and you are all set.
Skidsteer.ca

OP
OP
J

jcass29

That is common on oem buckets, the aftermarket one use a retangular hole instead of square so they will fit all brands.
No big problem though just widen the hole and you are all set.
Skidsteer.ca
I had a piece welded between the two existing points to match a standard quick attach..it came out very nice , now I'm going to have a piece of metal replaced/added on the bottom next week and it will be finished. i have a feeling it is going to spend allot of time on the front of my machine..

jlbart

I need to weld a quick attach plate to a old proprietary Gehl style bucket. After I cut the Gehl brackets off, how will I know where to place the quick attach plate on the bucket??

SkidRoe

I need to weld a quick attach plate to a old proprietary Gehl style bucket. After I cut the Gehl brackets off, how will I know where to place the quick attach plate on the bucket??
If you have an existing material bucket, take some reference measurments off of it. The principle relationship that you are after is the measurement from the bottom (floor) of the bucket an the upper pocket of the quick attatch (where the upper wedge of the QA on the machine interfaces). If the rear walls of the two buckets are on different angles, you may need to alter the measurments to compensate.
Are you using a pre-fabbed QA plate? If so, you may want to simply mount this plate on the machine and drive it up to the bucket. Make sure that the surface that you are doing this on is flat and level (concrete or paved preferably), your tires are all equally sized and inflated, and your boom is in the fully lowered position. Tilt the QA with the bucket control to match the rear wall angle of your 4-1 bucket, ensure the bucket is centred on the QA adapter plate, and tack weld it in place. Re-check your measurements to ensure that the QA plate is straight and level on the bucket before finish welding it.
Not too scientific, but it should get you what you need.
Cheers,
SR

jlbart

If you have an existing material bucket, take some reference measurments off of it. The principle relationship that you are after is the measurement from the bottom (floor) of the bucket an the upper pocket of the quick attatch (where the upper wedge of the QA on the machine interfaces). If the rear walls of the two buckets are on different angles, you may need to alter the measurments to compensate.
Are you using a pre-fabbed QA plate? If so, you may want to simply mount this plate on the machine and drive it up to the bucket. Make sure that the surface that you are doing this on is flat and level (concrete or paved preferably), your tires are all equally sized and inflated, and your boom is in the fully lowered position. Tilt the QA with the bucket control to match the rear wall angle of your 4-1 bucket, ensure the bucket is centred on the QA adapter plate, and tack weld it in place. Re-check your measurements to ensure that the QA plate is straight and level on the bucket before finish welding it.
Not too scientific, but it should get you what you need.
Cheers,
SR
Thanks Skidroe, I don't have another bucket, but will go look at a couple. The plate is 'factory' so I'll hook that up and get things lined up straight.

TriHonu

Thanks Skidroe, I don't have another bucket, but will go look at a couple. The plate is 'factory' so I'll hook that up and get things lined up straight.
No need to measure another bucket.
Set the bucket on a flat surface. Mount the attachment plate to your loader. Drive the loader over to the bucket and align the plate to the back of the bucket, center left to right and mark the location.
You want the bucket to sit flat on the ground with the loader arm all the way down. It will allow you to cut a grade without the bucket trying to dive into the cut.
If your tires are bald, you may want to mount the plate a little higher on the bucket to account for new tires.
If you normally run tracks on your machine, set the mount hight with the tracks installed. You will appreciate the bucket being on grade. Most factory buckets are set for tire height. When you install tracks you will have to tilt the cutting edge down to get it on grade. With it angled down it will difficult to hold grade.
If you want a bucket set for tracks, you either have to cut off the mount and re-mount or special order a bucket.