Bobcat 15C auger seals.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mogman

Bobcat sent me this "schematic" of my #15C auger, there is a bad leak coming out of the seal around the output shaft.
I am thinking the seals in the motor not shown are where the leak must be originating, does this seem reasonable, if so when I break it down will there be a data plate on the motor I can use to acquire the seals I need?
I can use it now and I do not want to have it down too long as this is fence building weather.

Attachments

• Auger (15) (15C) (15H) (30) (30C) (30H)_Auger (1).pdf
    171.9 KB · Views: 129
OP
OP
M

mogman

I think what happened is because I plugged the hoses together to help with exposure of the couplings so I dead headed the motor and the heat built up pressure and blew out the seals

OP
OP
M

mogman

Bobcat just answered me and gave me a part # SEAL KIT, 7003642 for the motor, not in stock ☹️

wateka

I've got a generic auger, so this grabbed my attention and made me wonder about my own unit because I like the idea of connecting the couplings to keep dirt out. What I can't figure out is how connecting them would have allowed any change to the pressure inside the unit because the couplings are sealed to begin with. If you find another culprit when you tear the motor down, holler back. Thanks.

OP
OP
M

mogman

I've got a generic auger, so this grabbed my attention and made me wonder about my own unit because I like the idea of connecting the couplings to keep dirt out. What I can't figure out is how connecting them would have allowed any change to the pressure inside the unit because the couplings are sealed to begin with. If you find another culprit when you tear the motor down, holler back. Thanks.
I thought about that also, when I get it repaired I am going to use an old leaking female connector with a plug in it to keep the pressure from building up, that is the only thing I can think of that would have caused this failure, worked fine all along then the next time I used it it leaked like a sieve.

Latest posts