3410 stock attachment to the quick attach conversion

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bill7101

Hello, I have been all over this site and found a lot of good information. I purchased an older 3410, from a local farmer, that had a bad engine in. I re-powered it with a harbor freight predator engine that has a good amount of power for what i need. Now to do some of the other repairs it needs. The mounts for the attachments are worn out, the farmer had welded everything numerous times and on the bucket side they are worn and stress cracking. No one makes a conversion for this skid loader so I was looking online at purchasing a quick attach mount and fabricating it to mount on my loader, than I can find more attachments easier and in abundance. Im just wondering if anyone has done this conversion or can steer me in a direction for a good quick attach system to start off with?

SkidRoe

Try SkidSteer Solutions. They sell quick attach adapters that could be modified for such a purpose.
http://www.skidsteersolutions.com/mini-skid-steer-attachments/adapters/bobcat-mt-adapters/eterra-gehl-advantage-to-bobcat-mt-50-52-55-463-adapter/
I bought one similar to this to make a conversion adapter for my 440b. The interfaces bolt together, so I took the one half off and welded on the correct interfaces to fit my machine.
HTH - SR
BTW - The beauty of this adapter is that it is compatible with regular universal skid steer attachments. Cheers - SR

BTW - The beauty of this adapter is that it is compatible with regular universal skid steer attachments. Cheers - SR
I did the quick attach conversion on my older 4510. Best thing I ever did. I would post pictures if it was easier. I cut the back of the original bucket off, and welded all that onto the quick attach adapter. Took a day, but very worth it. $350 if I remember right. It does change angles and heights so you have to plan and pay attention. I also had to cut the bottom of the adapter as it would hit the ground before the bucket did. Not too big of a deal.

I did the quick attach conversion on my older 4510. Best thing I ever did. I would post pictures if it was easier. I cut the back of the original bucket off, and welded all that onto the quick attach adapter. Took a day, but very worth it. $350 if I remember right. It does change angles and heights so you have to plan and pay attention. I also had to cut the bottom of the adapter as it would hit the ground before the bucket did. Not too big of a deal.
Sorry to post a link from another website, but this is where I posted my pictures. http://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/showthread.php?56494-Old-Gehl-4510-New-Quick-Attach&p=608399&highlight=#post608399

vinito

I'm doing this on mine. I purchased the parts but I'm still in the middle of rebuilding my machine so I haven't got to this part yet. What I do know though is my plan is to remove the whole front bracket of mine which has the current attachment setup and making a new one with the quick attach system to just bolt on to it. As mentioned, angles and several things will be different so it takes some measuring and planning to get it all oriented correctly.
I found this web site which shows one guy's efforts to do this too from beginning to end. I work differently than he does so the steps would be different in my case, but his method is good and I highly recommend checking it out and watching his YouTube video about it too:http://sandsprite.com/blogs/index.php?uid=13&pid=318
I bought pretty much the same latch boxes as he did and they are the least expensive, but you do get what you pay for. I think they'll work OK, but if you're financially able it might be worth purchasing at least a slightly higher quality latch box kit than I did. There are better ones out there and after searching a lot, most all of the different varieties are available on eBay. Search "quick attach latch box" there and you'll see lots of variations and prices. I think if I were to do it today, I'd probably either buy a higher quality kit or maybe just make one from scratch. But mine aren't "bad" enough that I feel I need to get a better one at this point. A higher quality one would mainly just be a little more of a pleasure to use rather than be a functionality issue.
Good luck.

vinito

I'm doing this on mine. I purchased the parts but I'm still in the middle of rebuilding my machine so I haven't got to this part yet. What I do know though is my plan is to remove the whole front bracket of mine which has the current attachment setup and making a new one with the quick attach system to just bolt on to it. As mentioned, angles and several things will be different so it takes some measuring and planning to get it all oriented correctly.
I found this web site which shows one guy's efforts to do this too from beginning to end. I work differently than he does so the steps would be different in my case, but his method is good and I highly recommend checking it out and watching his YouTube video about it too:http://sandsprite.com/blogs/index.php?uid=13&pid=318
I bought pretty much the same latch boxes as he did and they are the least expensive, but you do get what you pay for. I think they'll work OK, but if you're financially able it might be worth purchasing at least a slightly higher quality latch box kit than I did. There are better ones out there and after searching a lot, most all of the different varieties are available on eBay. Search "quick attach latch box" there and you'll see lots of variations and prices. I think if I were to do it today, I'd probably either buy a higher quality kit or maybe just make one from scratch. But mine aren't "bad" enough that I feel I need to get a better one at this point. A higher quality one would mainly just be a little more of a pleasure to use rather than be a functionality issue.
Good luck.
By the way, my machine came with 2 buckets and, needless to say, once I convert the machine to quick attach I'll have to alter the buckets to suit.

OP
OP
B

bill7101

By the way, my machine came with 2 buckets and, needless to say, once I convert the machine to quick attach I'll have to alter the buckets to suit.
Im going to have to make a mount that replaces my pivots and all, the farmer that had this skid before me ended up overloading it a few times, he rewelded and rewelded over and over so it looks like heck. I found a place in Wisconsin here that fabricates a good setup, all i have to do is make new pivots. I was planning on buying it, but my 30 year old well pump decided to go south and i ended up having to replace it using some of my money i was saving for it so its on hold at least for a few months. When it gets that far the fun begins.

vinito

Im going to have to make a mount that replaces my pivots and all, the farmer that had this skid before me ended up overloading it a few times, he rewelded and rewelded over and over so it looks like heck. I found a place in Wisconsin here that fabricates a good setup, all i have to do is make new pivots. I was planning on buying it, but my 30 year old well pump decided to go south and i ended up having to replace it using some of my money i was saving for it so its on hold at least for a few months. When it gets that far the fun begins.
That's about where mine is at too. Previous owner(s) beat it to death and several really badly done repairs just look awful, plus the pivot holes are still worn ovals and have a lot of play. So I'm building a whole new replacement, but fortunately it doesn't absolutely have to be done before I can use it after my machine rebuild. In other words, I can still use my buckets and auger for a time while I'm building the new front mount unit.
I'm glad I can make it myself though. Hiring out that fabrication sounds pretty expensive. The steel will cost between free and still less than $75 depending on how much I already have on hand. You just need to find a welder buddy or pick one up and learn to weld yourself. It's not difficult - it just takes a welding machine and a bit of practice to figure it out. Plus the cutting, drilling etc. it will need. All these kinds of abilities come in handy if you have machinery, and nothing says you have to be a "master", it can be done fairly well with just basic skills and planning.

OP
OP
B

bill7101

That's about where mine is at too. Previous owner(s) beat it to death and several really badly done repairs just look awful, plus the pivot holes are still worn ovals and have a lot of play. So I'm building a whole new replacement, but fortunately it doesn't absolutely have to be done before I can use it after my machine rebuild. In other words, I can still use my buckets and auger for a time while I'm building the new front mount unit.
I'm glad I can make it myself though. Hiring out that fabrication sounds pretty expensive. The steel will cost between free and still less than $75 depending on how much I already have on hand. You just need to find a welder buddy or pick one up and learn to weld yourself. It's not difficult - it just takes a welding machine and a bit of practice to figure it out. Plus the cutting, drilling etc. it will need. All these kinds of abilities come in handy if you have machinery, and nothing says you have to be a "master", it can be done fairly well with just basic skills and planning.
Welding isnt a problem, I worked for a welding and fabrication shop years ago for a while before i went into the automotive industry, I have a nice welder to build the mounts so thats not anything, just gotta get the plates and mechanisms, and thats where it starts to get to be the pricey part. That and time to be able to do it, so much side work lately that i havent been able to do much, so for now it works fine.

Latest posts