334 drive motor

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

skipper

I have a 334 and the left drive motor seems to only move either direction a few inches and locks up, any suggestions? What is inside? rebuildable or replace?

Fishfiles

Sounds like you tore up the planetary gears , open the plug in the end cover with it at the bottom and see what comes out , probally nothing , it has probally lost all the gear oil , if you keep going back and forth it will cause damage to the inside the hub by cracking off teeth , at that point I find it better to just change the whole assembly then to try and rebuild it as the cost of bearings , gears , hub , seals and labor will be right at a new one , which if I remember right is about 3, 200

OP
OP
S

skipper

Sounds like you tore up the planetary gears , open the plug in the end cover with it at the bottom and see what comes out , probally nothing , it has probally lost all the gear oil , if you keep going back and forth it will cause damage to the inside the hub by cracking off teeth , at that point I find it better to just change the whole assembly then to try and rebuild it as the cost of bearings , gears , hub , seals and labor will be right at a new one , which if I remember right is about 3, 200
How much to replace planetary gears?

Tazza

Staff member
How much to replace planetary gears?
It really depends on the damage. You may be lucky and lost a few teeth or a bearing that can be replaced pretty cheaply, if not you may need the entire unit. You'd need to contact your dealer for prices though.

OP
OP
S

skipper

It really depends on the damage. You may be lucky and lost a few teeth or a bearing that can be replaced pretty cheaply, if not you may need the entire unit. You'd need to contact your dealer for prices though.
Any ideas on used or salvage parts, need 6 planetary gears and bearings