334 D travel motor

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Fishfiles

334D Bobcat leaking oil out the rear of the travel motor cover , figured it for a hose , cleaned it up and found the square block on the end of the travel motor which I would call a counter balance valve was deteriated and leaking thru a hole which had deteriated in the block , it's held on the back of the motor with 4 allen headed screws and has two cartrages threaded into it , it isn't made of pure aluminum , I figure it for some kind of cast alumnum / pewter , it flaked up really bad , thought of some JB weld or such but it is really ate up all over , taking out the allen bolts caused mor damage to it as it crumbled to pieces ,called Bobcat and was shocked that it cost $1,263.00 plus 8.75% tax , not in stock , a complete travel motor was $ 3,400 plus -------------question is : does any one have a blown travel motor laying around that would have the valve on it and be willing to sell it

Tazza

Staff member
YIKES!
I hope you can find a good used one somewhere, has it been exposed to salt water at all? thats the only thing i have ever seen that can cause alloy to flake and just crumble away but even then, it was from years of exposure.

OP
OP
F

Fishfiles

YIKES!
I hope you can find a good used one somewhere, has it been exposed to salt water at all? thats the only thing i have ever seen that can cause alloy to flake and just crumble away but even then, it was from years of exposure.
The machine never flooded in the storm waters , the cavity under the cover was packed solid with some ransom smelling mud mixed with oil , there is no telling what it was walked thru in it's life , I wonder what is in the soil around here since the storm , areas that flooded had gas stations , house hold products , hardware stores and every thing you can imagine mixed in the water , when the water went down i am sure all the chemicals mixed together in the soil , guess it's toxic . poor quality material , the hose end fittings looked good on this one compared to others I have seen

Kelly

I've got a travel motor out of my 331. The block you are talking about was deteriated as well. My problem is I need a new rotating group. Trying to keep costs down to maybe turn a profit on this one.

thetool

I've got a travel motor out of my 331. The block you are talking about was deteriated as well. My problem is I need a new rotating group. Trying to keep costs down to maybe turn a profit on this one.
Hey fishfiles-
Is that a small press-in plug that has sprung a leak? I have seen them disassembled and welded shut with some success. Worth a try before buying a new motor or housing?

thetool

Hey fishfiles-
Is that a small press-in plug that has sprung a leak? I have seen them disassembled and welded shut with some success. Worth a try before buying a new motor or housing?
Well never mind guess you can't weld up crumbled metal........=(.

OP
OP
F

Fishfiles

Well never mind guess you can't weld up crumbled metal........=(.
no plug , a manifold block which bolts to the motor , it flakes off like fiberglass , I don't know what it's made out of -----------Tool , tried emailing you a couple of times and it comes back error , undeliverable

bobcat1505

no plug , a manifold block which bolts to the motor , it flakes off like fiberglass , I don't know what it's made out of -----------Tool , tried emailing you a couple of times and it comes back error , undeliverable
when i was working for the dealer here last year we replaced some motors that had blown rotating groups will check with them tomorrow and se if they still have them

OP
OP
F

Fishfiles

found you a good used part. will pick it up tomorrow[friday] if you still need it let me know.
yes , how much do you want and how can we arange shipment and payment , something that has to be looked at is that I believe there is a possibility of two different motors , when you get the piece can you take a pic and email it ,and I can give you a phone number ----- thanks for taking the time [email protected]

bobcat1505

yes , how much do you want and how can we arange shipment and payment , something that has to be looked at is that I believe there is a possibility of two different motors , when you get the piece can you take a pic and email it ,and I can give you a phone number ----- thanks for taking the time [email protected]
sent email hope you received

Latest posts