250 Bucket Cylinder Replacement

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

MAYEREJ

Hi, I have a bucket cylinder leak on a 250. How tough is it to get the upper cylinder bolt and pin out? Would it be easier to install the seal kit on the machine? Thanks.

Bobcatdan

The pin is tapered and some times can be a real bugger to get out. I normally rebuild them on the machine. Get the seal kit, there is a little tool you need in the kit. This is how I do it. Remove the snap ring and drive the guild into the barrel. Install the little tool into the internal snap ring groove. I then start the machine, pilot pressure will build and pop the guild out. It makes a mess, but there is no clean way to seprate the cylinder. When I rebuilt them on the bench, I normally chain the cylinder to something that is move and chain the the rod to a tractor to pop them apart.

OP
OP
M

MAYEREJ

The pin is tapered and some times can be a real bugger to get out. I normally rebuild them on the machine. Get the seal kit, there is a little tool you need in the kit. This is how I do it. Remove the snap ring and drive the guild into the barrel. Install the little tool into the internal snap ring groove. I then start the machine, pilot pressure will build and pop the guild out. It makes a mess, but there is no clean way to seprate the cylinder. When I rebuilt them on the bench, I normally chain the cylinder to something that is move and chain the the rod to a tractor to pop them apart.
Great. Thanks for the tip. I was thinking it might be easier to rebuild on the machine.

Latest posts