2054 skidsteer lockuot problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

kevlar128

Does anyone have a procedure for checking the various components of the lockout system? Or a description of how it should function? This machine would stop intermittently and now the wheels are locked. Unfortunately someone butchered much of the wiring on this one previously, bypassing some of the safety switches and the main circuit breaker in the back. I have the wiring diagram but I think it may have multiple problems. Regards, Kevin

Xoloski

my 2054 does the same thing, every so often it goes into lockout mode. It has always come out with time, fooling with the switches, or other things. I have not found a pattern for why it goes in or comes out of lockout. I did talk to the Tech at the Tucson shop. He said the problem is the lockout module has an intermittent failure. The module is located behind the panel above the enterence to the machine. He said the module is around $300. He aslo said I could cut the orange wire to bypass the module. I've to do this, but right now I'm angry enough to give it a go. What a piece of ...... Seems like every time I really need the machine, it locks out. What did you find out with yours?

Xoloski

my 2054 does the same thing, every so often it goes into lockout mode. It has always come out with time, fooling with the switches, or other things. I have not found a pattern for why it goes in or comes out of lockout. I did talk to the Tech at the Tucson shop. He said the problem is the lockout module has an intermittent failure. The module is located behind the panel above the enterence to the machine. He said the module is around $300. He aslo said I could cut the orange wire to bypass the module. I've to do this, but right now I'm angry enough to give it a go. What a piece of ...... Seems like every time I really need the machine, it locks out. What did you find out with yours?
OK..... opening the orang wire circuit does not work. the offending part is MUSTANG CONTROL MODULE: PART#: 420-35604. The cost is $218.48 at Earhart in Tucson, +8% tax or, 205.96 + shipping from Golden Eagle of Pennsylvania. I've bought from Golden Eagle before, good folks. I will save the measly $15 and go mail order as opposed to buying from Earhard. When I spoke with Xavier at Earhard he said I couldn't speak with the shop service staff to help diagnose my problem. He was however willing to dispatch a team to the Mexican border where my Mustang is disabled. Thanks Xavier, I'll go somewhere else for my parts, where folks are friendly........