2004 LS-170 EIC displays P5OFF runs for about 5 seconds

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

nbrd

I just had the EIC out for repair(the company that manufactures them repaired it), and also replaced the hydralic filter & all the oil in the resovior.I also just replaced the engine oil filter and oil too.The display worked ok it just did not display the hours or the fuel level.After getting the EIC back from repair and installing it,the skidsteer started but would only run about 5 seconds and shut down.Thats when the display would show 5POFF when you turn the key to run.Is their a pressure switch somewhere that isn't making because of draining the oil out and starting it for the first time it is not seeing any pressure after the unit is running?Or am I looking in the wrong direction?

Tazza

Staff member
I was going to say it sounds like its detecting an error like lack of engine oil pressure. It could be as simple as a bad sender or broken wire. 5 seconds seems to be a little short but it could be what the computer believes to be acceptable.

OP
OP
N

nbrd

I was going to say it sounds like its detecting an error like lack of engine oil pressure. It could be as simple as a bad sender or broken wire. 5 seconds seems to be a little short but it could be what the computer believes to be acceptable.
The EIC had corrupt software on it when it was repaired, that explains the P5OFF error.Manufacturer sent me a different EIC and skidloader ran fine.

Tazza

Staff member
The EIC had corrupt software on it when it was repaired, that explains the P5OFF error.Manufacturer sent me a different EIC and skidloader ran fine.
I would have thought they would have checked it before returning it to you. Glad it was simple, still a pain with downtime of the machine!