2003 Bobcat T300 - Foam in my Hydraulic Oil

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

tfkareus

Hello, Got another project I want to fix because it cause's a problem with the pump. I am getting quite a bit of foam in my hydraulic tank. I don't have any leaks anywhere on the system so I'm wondering where the air is coming from. Any suggestions on where to start. My first guess is a cracked siphon tube or something to the effect. Any help on where to start would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
T

tfkareus

Where are you seeing the "foam"?
Initially when I had it topped off, it was coming out the hydraulic tank fill cap. Its not coming out anymore. Now I can see oil in the bottom half of the sight glass and foam on the top half of the sight glass after I run for a little while. Other than seeing it present their, I don't even notice that I'm foaming. It is concerning to me, I just don't know what to do / where to start. Should I just keep going?

443life

Initially when I had it topped off, it was coming out the hydraulic tank fill cap. Its not coming out anymore. Now I can see oil in the bottom half of the sight glass and foam on the top half of the sight glass after I run for a little while. Other than seeing it present their, I don't even notice that I'm foaming. It is concerning to me, I just don't know what to do / where to start. Should I just keep going?
possibly some worn tilt cylinder seals... if u dont notice any leaks in the engine compartment it could be drawing air in from there but maybe you just need to bleed it out.. lift ur boom up 3' and let it drift overnight itll bleed the air out of the system if thats the case but then again air only gets in if youve done some kinda service to it or u have a leak

443life

possibly some worn tilt cylinder seals... if u dont notice any leaks in the engine compartment it could be drawing air in from there but maybe you just need to bleed it out.. lift ur boom up 3' and let it drift overnight itll bleed the air out of the system if thats the case but then again air only gets in if youve done some kinda service to it or u have a leak
or sometimes bolts become loose around the pump/drive motor then draw air in yet doesnt leak, check to make sure everythings torqued off.