1999 Bobcat 863 High Flow?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

DBF

Hi I am new here but have been reading qround a lot lately. But I do have a question. I have a 1999 Bobcat 863 Turbo non high flow. Is it possible that i can convert this to high flow and if so how much would it run me? thanks in advance DBF

mdterp

Nothing is impossible, but I don't think you can or youcan but it is very expensive and difficult. I ran into this before and I can remmember why but we didn't do it. Do you need high flow? most people don't

Tazza

Staff member
Nothing is impossible, but I don't think you can or youcan but it is very expensive and difficult. I ran into this before and I can remmember why but we didn't do it. Do you need high flow? most people don't
I think the aux hydraulic lines are large enough for it, but as stated, expensive as you need another pump and mount it to the engine, you then need to plumb it in and it needs solenoids and wiring. Personally if you need hi flow, i would buy another machine with it fitted and sell yours, i believe you would come out better than buying the parts on their own.

OP
OP
D

DBF

I think the aux hydraulic lines are large enough for it, but as stated, expensive as you need another pump and mount it to the engine, you then need to plumb it in and it needs solenoids and wiring. Personally if you need hi flow, i would buy another machine with it fitted and sell yours, i believe you would come out better than buying the parts on their own.
Well my dad owns a fence company so we use an auger 75% of the time. We have two bobcats a 1986 843 and a 1999 863. We just bought a 2002 773G series to replace the 843. Well we wanted to get the high flow option so that we could big holes faster and what not. With the high flow the 773 operates at 27GPM. The 843 at 16.1 and the 863 at 20.7. We are now selling the 843 and our installers say the the 773 digs so much faster i thought about switching the 863 to high flow. We dont NEED it for the 863 but it crossed my mind. Thanks for your help so far. DBF

mdterp

Well my dad owns a fence company so we use an auger 75% of the time. We have two bobcats a 1986 843 and a 1999 863. We just bought a 2002 773G series to replace the 843. Well we wanted to get the high flow option so that we could big holes faster and what not. With the high flow the 773 operates at 27GPM. The 843 at 16.1 and the 863 at 20.7. We are now selling the 843 and our installers say the the 773 digs so much faster i thought about switching the 863 to high flow. We dont NEED it for the 863 but it crossed my mind. Thanks for your help so far. DBF
added high flow will not help dig holes faster, the attachment can only take so much flow, and there is not auger that can take high flow. so adding hf for this reason is a waste

Butters

added high flow will not help dig holes faster, the attachment can only take so much flow, and there is not auger that can take high flow. so adding hf for this reason is a waste
Are you using the same auger drive head on all the machines for comparisons sake? there is a lot of difference in the RPM vs Torque among the drive head models.