1998 863F AHC Tilt Down doesnt work

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bhs8227

I need some help!

I have a 1998 863F with AHC.

The left (LIFT) controller has 2 LED lights that stay solid normally.

Everything works Lift Up, Lift Down, and Tilt Up.

Tilt down and the right LED light goes off. It doesn't blink or show an error; it just goes off but comes back on when the TILT controller goes back to a neutral position.

With the machine off, I can hear the actuators engage as I move all the controls except Tilt Down. No sound from the actuator and the right LED light goes off.

I switched the plugs on the actuators and the LIFT (left-hand) controller works the TILT actuator up and down. The TILT (right-hand) controller works the LIFT actuator UP but not Down.

I assumed this meant the actuators were good as the issue persisted with the same controller. I thought my issue was a bad AHC sensor in the TILT (right-hand) controller. part 6684910.

I plugged this new part in and had the same issues.

Now I'm at a loss what could the be issue. Any help would be appreciated.

OP
OP
B

bhs8227

I was able to confirm that the 5v signal coming from the metal AHC box was not changing during the tilt down command. The voltage would change when tilt up but not down. It ended up being the AHC controller. Part number 6676442. This part was changed out with the hand control upgrade kit with the push button float operation in 2017. It failed in 6 years and is a $2300 part.

back_bucket

I was able to confirm that the 5v signal coming from the metal AHC box was not changing during the tilt down command. The voltage would change when tilt up but not down. It ended up being the AHC controller. Part number 6676442. This part was changed out with the hand control upgrade kit with the push button float operation in 2017. It failed in 6 years and is a $2300 part.
I just put the AHC upgrade kit in my f series machine as well. Not cheap, over $5800 with taxes. Crazy. But everything works flawless now. My (original) computer was bad but the handles/harness looked pretty rough like they could fail at any time, so bit the bullet and replaced it all. Hoping for more than 6 years out of these parts. Best of luck with your new controller đź‘Ť

Latest posts