1835 Fuel Pump

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

RonRock

Hello group. I have a Case 1835. Owned this machine for more years than I can remember. Can't imagine being without it. So several years ago I was told of a suggestion from Case to install an electric fuel pump. Which I did. It has worked very well. Improved starting and seems to have helped performance. But that may be just in my mind, I don't really remember the difference. I actually have a copy of the Case TSB that describes the install. But there is no specs on the actual pump. Mine has gone bad and needs replaced. So I could simply replace it with another just like it and move on. But I would rather check with those that know. I called Case and of course they will sell me one off the shelf. It's $120.00 and supposed to be a "good" pump. The one they use on a lot of their equipment. They also won't give any specs. So is the Case pump any better than one I can get for 1/2 the price from a local NAPA? Or the same pump with a Case markup? The pump I'm replacing is a typical 12 volt 5.5 PSI inline electric fuel pump. Any advice? Is 5.5 PSI right? Not sure of the volume.

Mike12

Any good diesel shop should have one and alot cheaper than Case. Last winter fuel shut off solenoid went bad on my 1840 139.00 at case local diesel shop 35.00 for the same Bosch solenoid.

tlfreak

Any good diesel shop should have one and alot cheaper than Case. Last winter fuel shut off solenoid went bad on my 1840 139.00 at case local diesel shop 35.00 for the same Bosch solenoid.
new to the forum recently bought a 1825 that starts hard cold.I am going to change fuel filter and maybe rubber fuel lines.I think I might have an air leak in the lines.when its hot it starts fine runs great.Could you describe the case FSB about installing the electric pump?are they calling it a lift pump?Is it installed between the filter and mechanical pump?Is it wired up to stay on when running or only starting?

antfarmer2

new to the forum recently bought a 1825 that starts hard cold.I am going to change fuel filter and maybe rubber fuel lines.I think I might have an air leak in the lines.when its hot it starts fine runs great.Could you describe the case FSB about installing the electric pump?are they calling it a lift pump?Is it installed between the filter and mechanical pump?Is it wired up to stay on when running or only starting?
Good start and if it has a bleeder valve make sure it is closed after bleeding I would pull out the glow plugs and put them on 12 volts and they should glow at least 1/4" to the tip if not would replace all