1816 case

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Hayericsons

I have the chance to buy a older 1816 case skid steer. It runs decent. I was looking for a little advise. I live in Wisconsin and we do get some snow (101" last year) If I mounted a say 6' plow on the front woulds it have enough hp to push snow. I would also use it to move boats and trailers in and out of warehouses. (rental busness) And to do some dirt and gravel moving. I was looking at this because of the size. I don't want a larger one for the tight spots in the warehouse.

skidsteer.ca

If the snow is dry and not too deep, it will push a 6' blade. Not sure it will lift it, just if it does. Tire chains would be a good idea though. For moving trailers you will want the ball as close to the loader as possible to not reduce your lift capacity. These a pretty small loader and like only rated to lift 500 lbs with a 1000 lb tipping capacity, if the load is right in fron of the loader. Because the plow sticks forward 3 ft doubt it would lift that.
Ken

OP
OP
H

Hayericsons

If the snow is dry and not too deep, it will push a 6' blade. Not sure it will lift it, just if it does. Tire chains would be a good idea though. For moving trailers you will want the ball as close to the loader as possible to not reduce your lift capacity. These a pretty small loader and like only rated to lift 500 lbs with a 1000 lb tipping capacity, if the load is right in fron of the loader. Because the plow sticks forward 3 ft doubt it would lift that.
Ken
Thanks Ken. Would you say a 6X4 utv would be more suited for my needs? I know it is a totally different animal.