08' S185 Fault M0509- Hydraulic Charge Pressure Low

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

motox98

I recently purchased a 08 Bobcat S185. I run it for about 15-20 and it starts losing power. It almost dies doing the simplest things. Any ideas? Thanks for any input!

Kermode

Start changing filters. Both hyd filters to start. If the engines bogging down change the fuel filter and air filters. Check hyd pressure by plumbing a gauge into the aux hydraulics. Do all that and then come back and ask again.

AllSkidsteers

Yes, it sounds like a fuel problem. Definitely change the fuel filter. Check all fuel lines for cracks or leaks. Hope this helps. Brent www.AllSkidsteers.com

Bobcatdan

Yes, it sounds like a fuel problem. Definitely change the fuel filter. Check all fuel lines for cracks or leaks. Hope this helps. Brent www.AllSkidsteers.com
Is the engine losing power or does the hydraulics get weak? If it is engine problem, fuel filter will solve the problem 95% of the time. Now if it has hyd problems and is setting a charge pressure code, that could be bad. Most of time when a machine sets a code like that, it is a sender, but if the machine has low charge pressure, the hyd functons will suffer.

Bobcatdan

Is the engine losing power or does the hydraulics get weak? If it is engine problem, fuel filter will solve the problem 95% of the time. Now if it has hyd problems and is setting a charge pressure code, that could be bad. Most of time when a machine sets a code like that, it is a sender, but if the machine has low charge pressure, the hyd functons will suffer. I have never seen a fuel problem set a low charge pressure code. You said you just bought it, I hope you didn't buy somebody eles's problem.