You thoughts on what I paid for my machine.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Yenko

Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2005
Messages
20
Just looking for you thoughts on what I paid for this 90-91 843 7500.00. A little about the machine. Glass cab with door wiper and factory heater. Heater now works and wiper works also. Seat is trashed. 1931 hours on the meter all gages and lites work. Paint is rough, machine is a hi flow. 5 flat face couplers out front and a 1.5'' electric plug which I was told doesnt work. A 66'' tooth bucket no wear on the cutting edge and the teeth look great. machine has backhoe attachments up front. No cracks or welds on the frame. Front bucket pins are loose front ram pin is loose. Dose not smoke and starts at the first time you hit the key, preheat or not. Block heater installed, cab has no damage to it. 3 Tires are 75% and one 95%. A little oil build up in the engine bay not visibly wet and a little dry build up at a axle. Did I do ok?
 

ajwgator

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 12, 2005
Messages
54
Hi there Yenko, All in all I feel you got a good deal. I'm sure there are others out there that may feel different. I paid 7200.00 for my 843 but I'm still unsure about the year of mine. Tazza thinks it's around 83. 3614 hours, brand new tires, 66" "no" tooth bucket, new paint, open cab, seat trashed too, welded rear attach point on bucket tilt actuator, no other attachments. Mine did include the trailer too. After all is said and done, I am please with the price I paid. I have a machine now that I have always wanted. Welcome to the forum and glad to have another 843 owner in here too. Jay W.
 

Tazza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Joined
Dec 7, 2004
Messages
16,697
Hi there Yenko, All in all I feel you got a good deal. I'm sure there are others out there that may feel different. I paid 7200.00 for my 843 but I'm still unsure about the year of mine. Tazza thinks it's around 83. 3614 hours, brand new tires, 66" "no" tooth bucket, new paint, open cab, seat trashed too, welded rear attach point on bucket tilt actuator, no other attachments. Mine did include the trailer too. After all is said and done, I am please with the price I paid. I have a machine now that I have always wanted. Welcome to the forum and glad to have another 843 owner in here too. Jay W.
I also believe you paid a fair price, i see 743's go for around 5-6K on e-bay, the 843 is a larger unit so i think you did well.
 

goodtech

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 22, 2005
Messages
112
Yenko you need to get those tires even. One tire that is uneven can break your chains inside your chain case, and you be spending alot more than you want to on the machine. The biggest reason chains break in the chain case 1) uneven tires about 90% of chains that I see broke are from uneven tires. 2) solid tires are also very very rough on bobcats, they count for the other 10% I see. Otherwise you got yourself a pretty good deal. Good luck with your bobcat
 

Yenko

Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2005
Messages
20
Yenko you need to get those tires even. One tire that is uneven can break your chains inside your chain case, and you be spending alot more than you want to on the machine. The biggest reason chains break in the chain case 1) uneven tires about 90% of chains that I see broke are from uneven tires. 2) solid tires are also very very rough on bobcats, they count for the other 10% I see. Otherwise you got yourself a pretty good deal. Good luck with your bobcat
Goodtech thank you for your input. Makes sense to me. I will keep the new one as a spare and buy a new set. probably save me a headache in the long run, I would be wishing that I spent the money on tires rather then replacing a chain and still have oddball tires that means I need to sell the other three for spares also.
 

Yenko

Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2005
Messages
20
Goodtech thank you for your input. Makes sense to me. I will keep the new one as a spare and buy a new set. probably save me a headache in the long run, I would be wishing that I spent the money on tires rather then replacing a chain and still have oddball tires that means I need to sell the other three for spares also.
Goodtech, Do you find that bolt on tracks are hard on the drive chains?
 

goodtech

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 22, 2005
Messages
112
Goodtech, Do you find that bolt on tracks are hard on the drive chains?
I have not scene the bolt on tracks do any damage inside the chain case. The only thing I see is people runnning them way to loose and end up eating the back edge of the frame up and then they don't add a block on there lift to keep them from eating on the lift arms. The bolt on tracks work pretty well from what I hear, they are just a pain to take on and off daily.
 

Tigerotor77W

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 29, 2004
Messages
268
I have not scene the bolt on tracks do any damage inside the chain case. The only thing I see is people runnning them way to loose and end up eating the back edge of the frame up and then they don't add a block on there lift to keep them from eating on the lift arms. The bolt on tracks work pretty well from what I hear, they are just a pain to take on and off daily.
goodtech -- you mentioned that solids are hard on Bobcats... are they hard on all skids, or particularly Bobcats?

I ask because every other manufacturer (except NH) claims that Bobcat's non-adjustable axles and chaincase are weaker.
 
Top