WTB 642 742 zenith carb

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

4wardmotion

Im looking for a carb for my bobcat 742 ford gas. if you have one or know if another carb from something else will work let me know. thanks

craigb93

I bought a carb kit for mine here: http://www.ase-supply.com/product_p/ze-013805.htm They will have most of what you want. My biggest problem was the fuel pump. Government gas will ruin one in a matter of months. Also the fuel pump eccentric on the camshaft is subject to wear and thus not delivering full stroke. I fixed mine with the addition of a Carter P4070 electric pump, completely replacing the OE cam driven pump. Used a Bosch headlight relay to supply power with a new 12 ga. fused wire from the battery. Trigger the relay from the feed to the ignition coil. The coil gets 12v. at cranking and then runs at 9v. The relay will hold 'in' at 9v. once energized the first time you bump the starter. Mounted the pump low on the engine mounting stand just below the original pump, which is now just a blank for the crankcase. Mine was always slow to start but not any more in a year. These things want a good battery, starter and 2 gage cables to boot. Dick

OP
OP

4wardmotion

I bought a carb kit for mine here: http://www.ase-supply.com/product_p/ze-013805.htm They will have most of what you want. My biggest problem was the fuel pump. Government gas will ruin one in a matter of months. Also the fuel pump eccentric on the camshaft is subject to wear and thus not delivering full stroke. I fixed mine with the addition of a Carter P4070 electric pump, completely replacing the OE cam driven pump. Used a Bosch headlight relay to supply power with a new 12 ga. fused wire from the battery. Trigger the relay from the feed to the ignition coil. The coil gets 12v. at cranking and then runs at 9v. The relay will hold 'in' at 9v. once energized the first time you bump the starter. Mounted the pump low on the engine mounting stand just below the original pump, which is now just a blank for the crankcase. Mine was always slow to start but not any more in a year. These things want a good battery, starter and 2 gage cables to boot. Dick
thanks for the info. i may just order a new one since i needed it yesterday.