Winter track use

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Rustytools

Can someone in the know tell me how their tracks perform versus wheels when it comes to snow removal from asphault, concrete, etc. Also, has anyone had any issues with track wear/performance in -40 C temperatures?

Digdeep

Bobcat's CTLs and all other rigid framed CTLs perform very poorly in snow removal and yes the cold weather, especially temps that you are talking about will cause big problems. Call Bridgestone up and ask them what their temp limits are for their rubber tracks and I think they will tell you the recommended low temp limit is around -15F. I had lots of problems up here in Madison WI with the bonding between the rubber and steel in cold temps. There is a company that now makes a snow track for CTLs but why would you want to own two sets of tracks?

OP
OP
R

Rustytools

Bobcat's CTLs and all other rigid framed CTLs perform very poorly in snow removal and yes the cold weather, especially temps that you are talking about will cause big problems. Call Bridgestone up and ask them what their temp limits are for their rubber tracks and I think they will tell you the recommended low temp limit is around -15F. I had lots of problems up here in Madison WI with the bonding between the rubber and steel in cold temps. There is a company that now makes a snow track for CTLs but why would you want to own two sets of tracks?
Thanks Digdeep, that is essentially the answer I got from a few other people, but I wanted a third (or fourth) opinion. I guess rubber tires it is.