Wierd--strange 853

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

perry

Well I've seen it all now, with the on-off aux. hyd. problem I've had with my 853, this beats all.
The aux. hyd. stopped working again, I intended to find the problem so I completely checked the aux. hyd. wiring harness with my fluke meter, all connections were fine,. when I pushed the button to turn on the aux. hyd. the green light started blinking again?. I unplugged the control box to check the connection prongs and the wiring for any exposed wires, nothing!.
The last thing I did was to bang on the box with my fist. Started her up and wow!, first thing I noticed was the aux. hyd. was on without pushing the button?, the lights were NOT on?, I played with the toggle switch on the handle and if I pushed to the left the aux. hyd would turn off momentarily?. Then, the lift arms would not work except for lifting. and they would only lift if the paddle was heed pushed in a very small area?, they would only drop if I pushed the paddle in the float position?. And the tilt would not work at all?. I kept turning the 853 off and starting her up again a few times and all of a sudden she was working again, including the aux. hyd.?.
I guess I need to replace the control box, that was really strange and I have no idea what the problem is except the control box?.
Ideas?.......

Tazza

Staff member
Does your machine have a BOSS system or just standard BICS?
The box you gave a little "encouragement" i assume was your BICS box as you mentioned lights. The BICS box as far as i was aware had nothing to do with your axu hydraulics, there should be another box under the seat that controls the aux hydraulic functions. This is me going on a 763 and 751 setup.

OP
OP
P

perry

Does your machine have a BOSS system or just standard BICS?
The box you gave a little "encouragement" i assume was your BICS box as you mentioned lights. The BICS box as far as i was aware had nothing to do with your axu hydraulics, there should be another box under the seat that controls the aux hydraulic functions. This is me going on a 763 and 751 setup.
Nope, it's all bics. My aux. hyd. spools and coils are in the main control valve, the only other spool was the lift and tilt which was tied into the seat sensor until I installed the updated bypass. I have a feeling the control box is acting up and if it acts up again, guess I'll fork over the $500 or so.

skidsteer.ca

Nope, it's all bics. My aux. hyd. spools and coils are in the main control valve, the only other spool was the lift and tilt which was tied into the seat sensor until I installed the updated bypass. I have a feeling the control box is acting up and if it acts up again, guess I'll fork over the $500 or so.
Tazza
My 853 had another control box mounted to the cab above the hyd tank. This is in addition to the bics and on a Non Boss option machine. This box only controls the aux hyd. There are 3 veriations of the aux hyd control box I was told. Not sure what models besides the 853 uss this arrangement.
Ken

OP
OP
P

perry

Tazza
My 853 had another control box mounted to the cab above the hyd tank. This is in addition to the bics and on a Non Boss option machine. This box only controls the aux hyd. There are 3 veriations of the aux hyd control box I was told. Not sure what models besides the 853 uss this arrangement.
Ken
Ken, don't tell me that, I'm about to purchase 'the' box, of which I was aware there was only one???.
The one you described, above the seat and mounted on the cab is the one I'm ordering.

thetool

Ken, don't tell me that, I'm about to purchase 'the' box, of which I was aware there was only one???.
The one you described, above the seat and mounted on the cab is the one I'm ordering.
'S true....
You have a controller for your aux, and the symptoms you describe are what happens when that fails, at least what I've seen.
I think it's a good thing he did say that, you might have bought the wrong controller......=)
Ask your parts guy about the aux controller, not the bics controller. I thinks it's mounted inside the side rail on the left(?) side. Under the panels. Shoot, lemme check my manual and I'll post back.

thetool

'S true....
You have a controller for your aux, and the symptoms you describe are what happens when that fails, at least what I've seen.
I think it's a good thing he did say that, you might have bought the wrong controller......=)
Ask your parts guy about the aux controller, not the bics controller. I thinks it's mounted inside the side rail on the left(?) side. Under the panels. Shoot, lemme check my manual and I'll post back.
It dosen't show the location in my manual.....sorry.
Calling it a "controls module" in the schematics.
good luck

OP
OP
P

perry

It dosen't show the location in my manual.....sorry.
Calling it a "controls module" in the schematics.
good luck
Believe me, I have been all over my 853 and the aux. controller is behind the seat, under the cab with three connectors. There are no other control boxes. I have not purchased yet, probably tomorrow.

Tazza

Staff member
Believe me, I have been all over my 853 and the aux. controller is behind the seat, under the cab with three connectors. There are no other control boxes. I have not purchased yet, probably tomorrow.
Ken - good to know.
I was going on what i remember on my machines. The one with BOSS has no aux controller that i know of, its all done in the BOSS box. The other 2 with just BICS have a separate aux control module and the BICS box in the cab.

skidsteer.ca

Ken - good to know.
I was going on what i remember on my machines. The one with BOSS has no aux controller that i know of, its all done in the BOSS box. The other 2 with just BICS have a separate aux control module and the BICS box in the cab.
Perry
I believe they used different locations for different controlers. Your dealer can tell by your serial #

WebbCo

Perry
I believe they used different locations for different controlers. Your dealer can tell by your serial #
The very last of the 853s and with proportionals. Doesnt look like a 853H either, it would be different all together. Looks like its going to be the spendy one we first talked about...6673757 (no KY included)
Mark
PS, to the tool, r u coming to the 50th Road tour Sat?

Tazza

Staff member
The very last of the 853s and with proportionals. Doesnt look like a 853H either, it would be different all together. Looks like its going to be the spendy one we first talked about...6673757 (no KY included)
Mark
PS, to the tool, r u coming to the 50th Road tour Sat?
LOL Mark!
I so wish i could make it to the road tour.... Sounds like it will be amazing! i hope there is an open bar :)

skidsteer.ca

LOL Mark!
I so wish i could make it to the road tour.... Sounds like it will be amazing! i hope there is an open bar :)
LOL Maybe better spend the extra and get the "KY kit" too. What is the Bobcat part number # for that one Mark,??!
How about a power beyond and a down stream electric valve over hyd control valve, is that possible?? I have a 773 g that the aux hyd functions stick on, appears to be duo to a defective (internal leak) in the main valve body. Was considering the same mod as opposed to finding out what a new valve body is worth. Probably more cost effective to part out an otherwise good 2000 hr 773
Ken

OP
OP
P

perry

LOL Maybe better spend the extra and get the "KY kit" too. What is the Bobcat part number # for that one Mark,??!
How about a power beyond and a down stream electric valve over hyd control valve, is that possible?? I have a 773 g that the aux hyd functions stick on, appears to be duo to a defective (internal leak) in the main valve body. Was considering the same mod as opposed to finding out what a new valve body is worth. Probably more cost effective to part out an otherwise good 2000 hr 773
Ken
Ken, at first my aux. hyd. were stuck on as well, I believe it was Tazza that told me to loop the aux. with a short hose, it worked! but the main problem was a stuck spool plunger.
I also though about bypassing the control box but, the aux. coils must have no more than 10V. Since I'm somewhat poor on electricals, I didn't pursue.

WebbCo

Ken, at first my aux. hyd. were stuck on as well, I believe it was Tazza that told me to loop the aux. with a short hose, it worked! but the main problem was a stuck spool plunger.
I also though about bypassing the control box but, the aux. coils must have no more than 10V. Since I'm somewhat poor on electricals, I didn't pursue.
I think that part number is 666KYin, and its never on back order, imagine that.
Mark

skidsteer.ca

As a courtesy, there usually included.
Mine is not the spools (have tried that wice) or electrical, you can remove the coil from the stem or back pressure from the drains on the valve. If I reduce the rpm to 1/3 or less or push the thumb lever the opposite way it will kick off. Both ways stick, but thumb right is more prone to do so then thumb left. Works good at low rpm , almost always sticks at high rpm.
Local mechanic figures the fix is a new valve, guess I watch for a used one as there are many 773g's in service. In the mean time I use my intermittant flow attachments on one of the other loaders.
Ken

Latest posts