Who says a Case 1845C has to be Case yellow??

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Mr Jimi

I just bought some white paint and it will be white with black wheels and black attachments to go with it. A Bobcat wanna be LOL. Pictures coming in a few weeks? Lots of other things to do first.
Its mine and 15 years old and it aint going in a museum
Thanks
Jim

Tazza

Staff member
LOL
I have seen yellow bobcats, why ohh why would they do that!!!
As for being a wanna be bobcat, everyone calls their skid steer a *bobcat* i was at a guys place that LOVES his toyota husky and he calls it a bobcat. I told him he just wishes it was a bobcat and he says he hates them! but he still calls his machine a bobcat, so go figure :)

OP
OP
Mr Jimi

Mr Jimi

LOL
I have seen yellow bobcats, why ohh why would they do that!!!
As for being a wanna be bobcat, everyone calls their skid steer a *bobcat* i was at a guys place that LOVES his toyota husky and he calls it a bobcat. I told him he just wishes it was a bobcat and he says he hates them! but he still calls his machine a bobcat, so go figure :)
Taz, Thats an American thing to do call it something that everybody knows, around here most don't know skid steer but they all know Bobcat and when they see mine they always say, ITS BIG!! I consider a Bobcat small from the earlier ones out there, the 600 series and smaller, like kids toys. Mine is 7 feet tall and 75 inches wide, Its a biggie.
I bought some cheap paint and it should be fine, Its a car paint so it will have a shine and last better than the cheap enamels and it stays inside all the time, I wont be painting for another few months, lots of sanding to do and grills to straighten out, you know all about that stuff
Jim

Tazza

Staff member
Taz, Thats an American thing to do call it something that everybody knows, around here most don't know skid steer but they all know Bobcat and when they see mine they always say, ITS BIG!! I consider a Bobcat small from the earlier ones out there, the 600 series and smaller, like kids toys. Mine is 7 feet tall and 75 inches wide, Its a biggie.
I bought some cheap paint and it should be fine, Its a car paint so it will have a shine and last better than the cheap enamels and it stays inside all the time, I wont be painting for another few months, lots of sanding to do and grills to straighten out, you know all about that stuff
Jim
ooh yes i do know what thats like.......
I too see small machines around the place, i just say that could pick up all of 1 shovel full of dirt! why bother. Like a dingo, they are tiny things you stand behind, they couldn't pick up more than a few shovel fulls!
I agree, your case machine is a monster! there are times i wish my machine was bigger, but i just make a few more trips and its all ok.
Mine is kept under cover too, its all dirty at the moement...... its almost as if i have been putting it to work, it really needs a good wash.

ksss

ooh yes i do know what thats like.......
I too see small machines around the place, i just say that could pick up all of 1 shovel full of dirt! why bother. Like a dingo, they are tiny things you stand behind, they couldn't pick up more than a few shovel fulls!
I agree, your case machine is a monster! there are times i wish my machine was bigger, but i just make a few more trips and its all ok.
Mine is kept under cover too, its all dirty at the moement...... its almost as if i have been putting it to work, it really needs a good wash.
The machine will run better with its original "power tan" color. Painting a CASE skid steer Bobcat white is high treason, resulting in your CASE being mistaken for a Bobcat. The embarrassment may be to much to take. Good Luck.

Tazza

Staff member
The machine will run better with its original "power tan" color. Painting a CASE skid steer Bobcat white is high treason, resulting in your CASE being mistaken for a Bobcat. The embarrassment may be to much to take. Good Luck.
LOL

m610

I don't remember the 1845C as being too big, but what's the biggest Case out there? What I have been looking for is a serious sized skid steer without too serious of a price. As for the older ones being toys I differ with that. The old M610 has had a long and useful life!

Tazza

Staff member
I don't remember the 1845C as being too big, but what's the biggest Case out there? What I have been looking for is a serious sized skid steer without too serious of a price. As for the older ones being toys I differ with that. The old M610 has had a long and useful life!
I agree, i have an OLD 731, i have done so much work with it! I really don't know how i lived without it. I then came across a 743, it felt much better and quieter than the air cooled Deutz engine of the 731. I'm afraid to try a current model machine for fear that i will want one!.

Tigerotor77W

M610 -- the biggest Case skid-steer is the 95XT in terms of operating weight. The 465 (replaces the 95XT) actually went down like 50 pounds.